Hopper Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea, not really. The comparison would be between DirecTV Now and Sling TV. And just because you might want to have Netflix and Hulu in addition to a regular Dish subscription with a Hopper 3 doesn't mean everybody else would.
I assumed he'd want to keep them since he got them in addition to Directv Now. They aren't really comparable services.

Get past the $107.00 upgrade charge. You can't surely don't expect to get something better for nothing, do you?
No ... I would expect something that works...
Jerking us around with the hopper/sling offer when they knew about the known problem with watching the second Hopper is unacceptable... Had we gone forward with that offer .. then we would be in the same boat only with a 2 year contract .. who knows when they will get the software fixed.... But your point is well taken.... And has given me some pause.... I guess i didn't look at the hopper3 as something better just something that works....

What they should have done was offered the hopper3 free first .. then we would still be a happy Loyal Dish customer...and we wouldn't even cared to look outside the dish box .....

This convoluted game of charging up front and credit this and plan discounts that .... It just didn't feel right .. You know .. the feeling you get when someone is trying to scam you...

As it is now .....
$11.99 for Hulu
$10.99 for Netflix
$ 70 for possible Direct TV Now... We are looking at all the streaming stuff now.... Didn't know they even existed.....
So that's approx $47 a month less than we pay now.... no Contracts either...

Anyway the Wife has setup a 'movie afternoon' at the in-laws to evaluate 'Direct TV Now' before we cancel.

Thank All ...

Yea .. I called the Loyalty number...they passed me on to another department... best they could do was charge me $107 for the hopper 3 then credit me $40 on my next bill .. Then put me in a 2 year contract with a $15 cost reduction for the 2 years.... And of course the Hopper 3 cost increase from $12 to $15
The heck of it is ... The Mother-in-law came over last week ( I didn't know about it ) and asked about getting Dish ... My wife said "No Way .. to Slow" ... So now She is over to the Mother-in-Law's .. Just called .. They got DirectTVNow some apple tv device and are thrilled .... Now apparently so is my Wife ..
I told her about the deal .. But all she can see it the $107 up front.
So looks like we are jumping ship....
When you actually call to cancel service, don't be surprised if Dish offers you a better deal at that point. And / Or they will send you an even better win-back offer in the mail after you cancel. That is where I got the phone number I posted above, after I closed one of my accounts. The same department handles the win-back deals. They won me back.

I agree when you call to cancel you may be offered a "free" upgrade to stay. I called to cancel in March, and was offered a Hopper 3 upgrade for free without the 2 year commitment. I was happy with the equipment upgrade (replaced Hopper1/Hopper2/Joey1 with Hopper3/Joey3), so I ended up taking a 1 year $40 off per month deal with a 1 year commitment.

Get past the $107.00 upgrade charge. You can't surely don't expect to get something better for nothing, do you?

I want it all, except one thing I DON'T want, is to pay for it.

Yes, your Hopper Fee may go up but by replacing the other Hopper with a Joey, it goes down $5 - $8 per month, depending on what you're paying for it now, so you still save money in the long run

Why should he or anyone else for that matter? Did they reduce the monthly cost when their "upgrade" degraded the performance of their product? No they haven't, they just keep finding ways to keep the revenues at the same level even though they run customers off daily. When they make a stupid decision they need to realize there are consequences.

Email dish at executivecustomerservice@dish.com
That how i got my free H3 upgrade. You might need to sign a new contract but its well worth it. I doubt 25mb internet will do much good especially if you want to stream to more than one tv.

Thanks for the info. After much frustration I sent an e-mail to executivecustomerservice@dish.com explaining our position.
With the April update we lost the ability to view/manipulate recordings on the second hopper so we had to get another remote and plug in a second HDMI in to the main TV.
The wife was not happy and ... well that makes me unhappy as you might expect....

We pretty much had already decided to jump ship when this morning I got a call from Dish.
I guess it takes the right person to get why this is an issue that Dish created.
They are doing a free H3/Joey3 upgrade and no contract.

Just fyi we have been streaming 2 tv's with netflix without any issues. Each stream takes approx 7 meg avg according to pfsense...

We will keep Netflix and Hulu for a while as it does add to the experience....

Now I have started a backup of the video content on the first hopper and selected 'Watch TV" .. however I cannot figure how to check the backup status.... more fun...

Thanks for the info. After much frustration I sent an e-mail to executivecustomerservice@dish.com explaining our position.
With the April update we lost the ability to view/manipulate recordings on the second hopper so we had to get another remote and plug in a second HDMI in to the main TV.
The wife was not happy and ... well that makes me unhappy as you might expect....

We pretty much had already decided to jump ship when this morning I got a call from Dish.
I guess it takes the right person to get why this is an issue that Dish created.
They are doing a free H3/Joey3 upgrade and no contract.

Just fyi we have been streaming 2 tv's with netflix without any issues. Each stream takes approx 7 meg avg according to pfsense...

We will keep Netflix and Hulu for a while as it does add to the experience....

Now I have started a backup of the video content on the first hopper and selected 'Watch TV" .. however I cannot figure how to check the backup status.... more fun...
Glad to here. Tjey did the same for me. The higher up people actually care about keeping customers. Hope the install goes well. They'll probably swap fot a hybrid lnb and solo/duo hub. If you don't already have rg6 running to all locations they should do that as well. The hopper 3 is the only thing keeping me from jumping ship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Wow!! What a difference the hop3 makes!
The install went fine. Good thing the Exec suggested we wait a week for the install as it took nearly 3 days to backup the two hop2ks video to the usb drives.
We did loose all the timers and settings. The Exec sent a remote 54 ahead of the install so I could backup the settings to it cuz we only had remote 40's. However when the Tech went through the restore the hopper3 waited about 3 minutes and then declared that the upload failed. On a retry it said it could not load the settings without even trying...

Turns out that was no big deal since I took pics of the old timer screens and used the voice function to quickly find the shows and create the timers.

Yup I agree the new hopper3 was worth the bs...

Thanks all for your help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts