Horrible customer service experience

tritron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Denver, co
I had been overcharged by dish network by 22.99 for free HBO showtime deal. I chated with the and I was told that it will be credited
(04-03-23rf) Alaina L. XNJ: Ok. I corrected the account. Your bill will have a $22.99 credit next month.
Jacek Burghardt: thank you for your help

I looked on my latest statement and noticed that the accounted was credited but the credit was reversed .
on mine most recent bill
3 Premium Package 31.00
3 Premium Package - Adjustment -22.99 credit but then bellow
Mar 06 - Mar 28 3 Premium Package 0.00
3 MO Premium Discount 22.99
this error was made on
ina L. XNJ: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Jacek Burghardt: 03/06 03/06 3 PREMIUM PACKAGE 03/06 TO 03/28 $22.99
03/06 03/06 3 PREMIUM PACKAGE 03/06 TO 03/28 -$-0.00
now they refuse to correct an error what I can do about it

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Abigail T.76I: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Jacek Burghardt: How are you tonight
(03) Abigail T.76I: I am dong good. Thank you for asking!
(03) Abigail T.76I: I see that you have received HBO credits.
(03) Abigail T.76I: Your current bill is $100.04 including taxes.
Jacek Burghardt: yes but it was reversed in error on mine statment states 3 MO Premium Discount 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: mie credit card was charged 22.99 so if the credit was not reversed the amount do will be lower by 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: Mar 06 - Mar 28 3 Premium Package 0.00

(03) Abigail T.76I: It is not reversed.
Jacek Burghardt: yes it was - 22.99 + 22.99 =0
Jacek Burghardt: there should be credit of 22.99 not 0
Jacek Burghardt: there 3 Premium Package - Adjustment -22.99
Jacek Burghardt: and then Mar 06 - Mar 28 3 Premium Package 0.00

(03) Abigail T.76I: There will be charge and credits shown on your account.
Jacek Burghardt: the credit was reversed
Jacek Burghardt: mine bill has to be lower by 22.99
(03) Abigail T.76I: Your monthly bill is $104.97 plus taxes.
Jacek Burghardt: yes I need my credit of 22.99
(03) Abigail T.76I: After you got the credits your current bill for this month is $100.04 including taxes.
Jacek Burghardt: it has to be lower by 31 + 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: why was credit of 22.99 reversed
Jacek Burghardt: under Other Charges and Credits there is 70.95 and 81.36 credits
(03) Abigail T.76I: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
Jacek Burghardt: but the charge of 22.99 mas made in error
(03) Abigail T.76I: I have checked that for you.
Jacek Burghardt: are you going to fix the error please
(03) Abigail T.76I: Let me assure you that there were no errors. You are looking at the section that lists partial charges and credits. After all that, you owe what was billed, that is $116.04.
Jacek Burghardt: can i chat with supervisor there is be error even theft
Jacek Burghardt: first you give me credit then you charge for it
(03) Abigail T.76I: Please stay online while I transfer the chat to supervisor.
(Admin03) John A has entered the session.
Jacek Burghardt: how are you
(Admin03) John A: Hi Jacek! I am doing good, how are you?
(03) Abigail T.76I has left the session.
Jacek Burghardt: ok just trying to get error fixed
(Admin03) John A: Could you please give me a couple of minutes while I follow up your previous conversation?
Jacek Burghardt: I was given credit of 22.99 because I was billed for free hbo showtime
Jacek Burghardt: and on mine bill I was charged 22.99 for credit and mine bill is larger by 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: 3 MO Premium Discount 22.99
(Admin03) John A: Let me have a look at it.
Jacek Burghardt: you are charging me for discount 22.99 in error
(Admin03) John A: Is it in the latest statement?
Jacek Burghardt: yes it is
(Admin03) John A: Okay, let me check that.
(Admin03) John A: Thank you for your time.
(Admin03) John A: I agree that there has been an error and you were charged $22.99 on your card.
(Admin03) John A: However, that amount got adjusted with your regular charges.
Jacek Burghardt: why i am being charged 22.99 for credit ?
(Admin03) John A: Let me explain that to you.
Jacek Burghardt: if you add 22.99 and -22.99 you get zero
Jacek Burghardt: so no credit as promised
(Admin03) John A: Our Autopay works in such a way that we collect the lesser of the Statement or the Current balance.
Jacek Burghardt: does discount mean credit that translate to - not charge for discount
(Admin03) John A: The previous bill was for $78.14. There were some adjustments worth $26. This brought your bill down to $52.14.
Jacek Burghardt: if there was proper discount on account the balance due should be only 77.01
Jacek Burghardt: how you explain being charged for discount I must be first customer charged for discount
(Admin03) John A: The Autopay was supposed to collect $52.14 from your card. But I see that you made the payment of $52.14 making it zero balance.
Jacek Burghardt: it clearly states discount 3 MO Premium Discount 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: I also made payment in 22.99
(Admin03) John A: Yes, I am explaining that.
(Admin03) John A: While offering free programming, we apply a charge and a credit on the account.
Jacek Burghardt: Credit Card Payment -22.99
Credit Card Payment -52.14

(Admin03) John A: Correct.
Jacek Burghardt: 3 Premium Package - Adjustment -22.99
Jacek Burghardt: that is credit for error made
Jacek Burghardt: now also it is being reversed
(Admin03) John A: Jack, could you give me two minutes while I finish my explanation?
Jacek Burghardt: you charged me 3 Premium Package 31.00 for
Jacek Burghardt: and then reversed my credit
Jacek Burghardt: Mar 06 - Mar 28 3 Premium Package 0.00

Jacek Burghardt: it states 3 premium movies packages are free
Jacek Burghardt: and next line charges me 22.99 for free
Jacek Burghardt: under Other Charges and Credits there is 70.95 in charges and 81.36 credits

Jacek Burghardt: previous statmend had showed 03/06 03/06 3 PREMIUM PACKAGE 03/06 TO 03/28 $22.99
03/06 03/06 3 PREMIUM PACKAGE 03/06 TO 03/28 -$-0.00

Jacek Burghardt: now 3 Premium Package - Adjustment -22.99 i got credit
Jacek Burghardt: but it was reversed in error 3 MO Premium Discount 22.99
Jacek Burghardt: if proper credit was applied to mine acount the account should had credit of 36 so with charges the balance should be 80 not what it is now
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
spacer.gif

Here is my advice for all DISH customers: NEVER take any FREE premium pack -Because it is never, never free. I had to fight for 3 damn months on two different accounts when I took the FREE Hbo/Starz pack. I had to call and get a credit on both accounts for 3 months. I kept saying to the csrs: IF it is "FREE" why is my bill higher than it was before I added the "FREE" premium packs? IF it is free it should not cost anything at all. I swore I would Never do it again. It is not worth the frustration. Anytime that you have a free premium packs on your bill , it should say:

FREE Hbo/Starz $22.00
Promo CREDIT 1 of 3 -22.00

Making your bill not go up or down period.

Here is my advice for all DISH customers: NEVER take any FREE premium pack -Because it is never, never free. I had to fight for 3 damn months on two different accounts when I took the FREE Hbo/Starz pack. I had to call and get a credit on both accounts for 3 months. I kept saying to the csrs: IF it is "FREE" why is my bill higher than it was before I added the "FREE" premium packs? IF it is free it should not cost anything at all. I swore I would Never do it again. It is not worth the frustration. Anytime that you have a free premium packs on your bill , it should say:

FREE Hbo/Starz $22.00

Very good advice and you are correct. I agree. 12 year plus customer.

FREE Hbo/Starz $22.00

we bill in advanced.. so the last month will show the charge so when you remove it before the 3 months the charge is removed

My most recent experience was more funny than anything. I have almost entirely stopped watching my Dish channels except to see what I had recorded months ago. Today I wanted to downgrade the package and see how far I could go and still get HD. I also wanted to the remove the local channels because I "moved" back to my actual address which only gets locals in SD. I successfully got rid of the locals and this was the conversation:

(03mk) Irish C.GJ3: You can lower the package to the Dish America package.
me: OK. Can I also remove the local channels?
(03mk) Irish C.GJ3: You are getting the local channels for $34.99 with the Dish America package.
me: So I can't remove them and make it less?
(03mk) Irish C.GJ3: May I ask why you want to remove the local channels?
me: Because I receive them just fine with my antenna.
(03mk) Irish C.GJ3: You are getting them with Dish Network for only $5 with the Basic package.
me: I'd like to remove them.
(03mk) Irish C.GJ3: Please give me a moment.

As if it was any of their business why I wanted them gone... Honestly, I'm surprised they did it based on what I'd heard about locals being compulsory after February.

Dish Network has asked me and others "why do you want to remove the channels" as if they are trained to give you a hassle. I feel that just as they are probably rewarded for each one that they get to upgrade their programming, that they get penalized for each one that downgrades, otherwise they would not be making it so difficult to drop packages.

Because I have been in some form of customer service for 25 years, I pride myslef on giving the best swrvice as possible within the parameters of the people I represent.
That said, when I get crappy service I give CSR one chance to do their job properly. If I think I am being stonewalled, bullshitted or the CSR is acting in a disrespectful manner, I drop the gloves.
In the case of the OP , screw the chat. Get me someone on the phone.
In the case of the busybodied CSR that wanted to know why that perosn wanted to drop their locals, that would have been met with "you'll do what you are told and we'll get along just fine. Stop asking stupid questions. It's none of your business".
I swear to God I will get like Jack NIcholson as Colonel Jessup in "A Few Good Men"..http://www.entertonement.com/clips/...Nicholson-Col-Nathan-R-Jessep-A-Few-Good-Men-

I mean really look at the chat. It looks like you're an impatient ass who can't understand billing. Even through your comments I can understand what the csr is telling you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)