Horrible Customer service from Dish

I doing everything thru the CEO office, They take care of everything without issues.

I had Directv for a year in 2003 and every time I called I got a foreginer from INdia or pakistan or what ever country I couldn't understand anything they said. When I called to cancel they connected me to an American lady from Texas ,no less. She was so nice and willing to offer anything I wanted that I almost stayed. But in the end I was only trying them while I already had DISH since 97. I didn't like the picture quality or the channel guides and I Liked DISH receivers better so I still cancelled. It seems to me that both companies now are outsourcing their csrs to foriegn countries which doesn't set well with me.

I had a good/bad/good experience with DISH customer service yesterday. I just had the install and as the installer was finishing up he asked me for my HDMI cable. I knew the receiver didn't come with one, but I had assumed (my mistake) that component video cables would be provided. As all of you no doubt know, standard RCAs and coax is all that's in the package.

I felt silly for my ignorance, but at the same time a little mad at DISH for not making this clear at the start. So with the installer still there I made the phone call. The lady I spoke with was patient with this angry client, and quickly told me that as soon as the install was complete she'd send me the cables and waive the charge for them.

Once the installer was gone, I called back to order the cables. The new CSR I got refused to honor the first one's agreement, and spent several minutes telling me what a wonderful deal I was getting and that I shouldn't be at all concerned that I still couldn't receive HD. He even told me that ONLY HDMI would work and that I shouldn't even consider using component cable. We spent several minutes in silence while I could hear him flipping the pages of his teleservice guide and when he came back on he repeated all the major points again. When I asked who else I could complain to, he said no one and offered to send me a box the ship my receiver back. I hung up and immediately called back.

This time I received a delightful lady in Colorado who at once honored the first one's deal with me. The cables will arrive this week.

Before any of you say it, the argument was pretty silly and I probably should have just driven to the local Tweeters or someplace for cables. It became a principle thing with me.

My only point in all this is that the best way to deal with DISH seems to be that if you get a bad answer, call back. The worst that could happen is an affirmation of the first answer, but you might be surprised.

Message from Ex CEO:
Customer Service these days is a complete myth. In all large companies it is viewed as a cost center. These department have to fight hard for any budget to improve customer service. While any "person" would love to offer a client satisfaction; financially it does not come to pass. For companies that offer stock this is even worse. Wall street will devaluate any stock where they see sizeable dollars going into customer service.

Unfortunately; small companies (mom and pop shops) simply suffer from not having enough revenue to support adequate customer service.

So when you see an add on tv or in print that sais YOU are what is important to them; remember this blog and come back to reality. I am not a cinic just try to live in the real world.

Its sad that they don't realize the value of customer service anymore. Here in the NorthEast banks are beginning to realize the value of it. Even the Comcast Call Center is located in NJ.

But the truth is they can only do what we allow them to get away with. We, as the consumer, pay them and if we continue to receive bad service and accept it they will continue to provide bad service because it is cost effective. If you feel the CSRs are so bad that u'll use alternate methods to get what u want done you are part of the problem.

I suppose I've been fortunate...yeah, I've had dumb CSRs but no one has been rude to me. Even when I was trying to cancel my account (so I could get a 622 to replace my 211) they were still extremely nice, but wouldn't give me a 622. (Thank you CEO email address...ridiculous how I had to beg to give them 200 more dollars and increased programming package...off subject.)

I agree Tech Support is better. They are usually American and a little more knowledgeable. I was complaining about the Programming Fee when I have both my phone lines connected and it took several attempts but finally they are sending me a new (or refurbished) 625. Supposedly the modem is busted.

Anyways...I suppose I've rambled enough but the point is...things wont' change until we decide to change them...as a whole.

I had a good/bad/good experience with DISH customer service yesterday. I just had the install and as the installer was finishing up he asked me for my HDMI cable. I knew the receiver didn't come with one, but I had assumed (my mistake) that component video cables would be provided. As all of you no doubt know, standard RCAs and coax is all that's in the package.

I felt silly for my ignorance, but at the same time a little mad at DISH for not making this clear at the start. So with the installer still there I made the phone call. The lady I spoke with was patient with this angry client, and quickly told me that as soon as the install was complete she'd send me the cables and waive the charge for them.

Once the installer was gone, I called back to order the cables. The new CSR I got refused to honor the first one's agreement, and spent several minutes telling me what a wonderful deal I was getting and that I shouldn't be at all concerned that I still couldn't receive HD. He even told me that ONLY HDMI would work and that I shouldn't even consider using component cable. We spent several minutes in silence while I could hear him flipping the pages of his teleservice guide and when he came back on he repeated all the major points again. When I asked who else I could complain to, he said no one and offered to send me a box the ship my receiver back. I hung up and immediately called back.

This time I received a delightful lady in Colorado who at once honored the first one's deal with me. The cables will arrive this week.

Before any of you say it, the argument was pretty silly and I probably should have just driven to the local Tweeters or someplace for cables. It became a principle thing with me.

My only point in all this is that the best way to deal with DISH seems to be that if you get a bad answer, call back. The worst that could happen is an affirmation of the first answer, but you might be surprised.

Yeah but it get's old real fast !
I e-mailed my cable company yesterday about buying a external hard drive for my 8300 HD cable receiver. I received a phone call today from a tech at the cable company. He advised me what to buy and which cables I needed. Oh yeah, he also spoke ENGLISH ! Great service from a local company (Blue Ridge Cable) and local people.
Never again Dish Notwork !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)