How a threat to drop AMC could kill the cable bundle By Claire Atkinson December 29, 2015 |

Problem with that is that most people care more about the programming they like than which TV provider they are with. If you are a big fan of Walking Dead and other shows on AMC switching to another provider that offers that channel after your provider drops it is a totally valid option.

I don't care what provider my content comes from as long as it's good quality, cheap, and legal. Sticking with a particular satellite, cable, or streaming provider is not important to me. I will go with the the option that provides me with the content I want at the best price.
Gotta remember: It's not just content. It's the ease of use of the device and the ability to skip forward and back and avoid commercials, and to pause and return to view later, and the PQ and AQ of the delivery device. Lotta factors in play here.

Gotta remember: It's not just content. It's the ease of use of the device and the ability to skip forward and back and avoid commercials, and to pause and return to view later, and the PQ and AQ of the delivery device. Lotta factors in play here.

I think the TiVo, Hopper, and Genie are all acceptable DVR choices for the cable/satellite providers and the streaming options like iTunes, Amazon, and Vudu don't require a DVR since they don't have commercials anyways.

Content is the factor for me. A great DVR does me no good if I can't get the content I want on it. My hardware options are good enough whether I'm using cable, satellite, or streaming.

I think they are talking about Amazon Instant Video (pay to watch), Netflix, Hulu (full seasons, but a year behind) rather than the TV Anywhere platform. But a reminder look how fast DISH added AMC when The Walking Dead came back after that court case/dispute. They didn't do anything over the course of the summer when there was no A&E but three weeks into TWD and the channel was returned.
Dish made that settlement shortly after Charlie took a major blow for "destroying evidence". At that point, if he didn't deal, he would have lost a hell of a lot more than the $2.5B?!? I am betting TWD played a very small role, as if it was bigger it would have been back before week 2.

Actually, if dropping a channel saved a sub $3/month, it would probably save the cost of buying the one show that they watch on that network, and buying on iTunes instead... "The Walking Dead" is AMC's biggest claim to fame. If you only watch that show, having your cable company drop it and you save a $3 increase on your bill, you could buy the season and have a better deal...
First, I don't think AMC is getting $3 a month. According to the latest chart I found (granted, from 2009), it was $3 a YEAR. Even if it was $3 a month, that would be $36 for the year compared to the $40 to purchase a season of TWD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)