How are 7200 receivers?

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
How are 7200 receivers? DVRs just like 508? Specifications on them and/or experience with them shall be appreciated.

Run very far away from the origional dishplayer 7100/7200 seies /webtv/dvrs. Do not get this receiver unless you want constant problems. Had this receiver and rmad it 3 times in 2 months and it cost me in time, effort and money. Eventually settled for a 301 receiver and lost the 100.00 extra I paid for the dishplayer.

You can ask anyone who had this receiver and they will tell you of the problems this receiver had once. They are supposedly more stable now but I would not recommend this receiver when their are other newer dvrs out there that do much better job with a much larger hard drive.

The 501/508/dvrs have no fee and are much more reliable. The 721 dual tuner dvr , no fee much better dvr with 90 hours of recording time. The 721 looks similar to the dishplayer menus and works sooooo much better and more reliably.

Please take my word , do not get the 7200 dishplayer. :eek:

We have had the 7100 and 7200 models,and there were times of troubles with this
receiver,but,for the past year and a half,or more,the 7200 has been stable and a great
receiver,good interface,great searching ability,9 day guide,about 12 hours of disc space,
not as much as the other receivers,but for us,this is a back up to the 508,so,we can
record on one receiver and watch another,live show.If you can find a good deal on the
7200,try it.

thanks for the info. In that case I shall continue to search for a 508. Till then keeping the leased 510 frm dish.

They ARE still flaky, but a few are hardcore fans of the unit. Clean interface, and the ablity to upgrade the hard drive (if you are comfortable with your tinkering skills) have made it popular with many. Up until a month ago it was ECM proof, so the hackers loved the units and kept the resale market price at crazy high levels ($300-400 for a used unit). The price should now start dropping with them finally being vulnerable. I still have two Dishplayers in my house (doing light duty in the kids rooms) and they occasionally burp, but nowhere near the frequency of them in their infamous days two years ago, when they couldn't get the software right to save their lives (921 owners can sympathize, it's our turn now). I also liked the slim remote and the great wireless keyboard which makes entering searches much easier. I miss being able to play Doom on it though. They removed the games last year. Oh well.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts