how can i share my hd cable tv on the same line as my hd directv h25 box is on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mflynn3322

Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
schnecksville, PA, USA
i have cable tv and directv at my house and i would like to know what i need and what i should do go hook both my cable tv with the hdtv cable box and the h25 hdtv satellite box from directv over the same line. i have an 8 way swim switch outside at this dish hooked up to an 5 lnb dish and to the 95 satellite dish and want to know if i would to connect my cable tv service into the off air port on the 8 way switch outside at the dish and used two diplater to connect the satellite cable line and the line to where the hdtv cable box is from my basement hook up and used an 2nd diplater at my hdtv set to get one line to go to my hdtv cable box and the other to the directv h25 hd satellite box then. and not lose any channels on my cable service or on my directv service either as well as still being able to get the internet on the h25 satellite box still via the coax connation still with doing this hook up and need to know what the two types of swim type of diplater i would need for both ends to get both hd cable and hd driectv via the same coax line then. all help would be great. thanks!!

Quite honestly your post is very difficult to make sense of with the run on sentence. Regardless, IIRC you can't diplex cable tv on a swm setup since the frequency of the two overlaps.

thanks for the imput on this. i was useing an mobile handheld game system to type this so that might be why it did not show up correctly and was runing then. i just thought since you can share an off air tv antenna over the same line as the swim service on directv you could do the same with cable tv. some channels directv does not get that my cable tv gets and i did not want to run two lines to the same room if i did not have too. right now i have the h25 directv on another tv in the basement and my hd cable box is on my other tv in my family room upstairs and just thought there was some way of using the same lines to share both services over it then. but thanks for the help then.

thanks for the imput on this. i was useing an mobile handheld game system to type this so that might be why it did not show up correctly and was runing then. i just thought since you can share an off air tv antenna over the same line as the swim service on directv you could do the same with cable tv. some channels directv does not get that my cable tv gets and i did not want to run two lines to the same room if i did not have too. right now i have the h25 directv on another tv in the basement and my hd cable box is on my other tv in my family room upstairs and just thought there was some way of using the same lines to share both services over it then. but thanks for the help then.

ejb1980's answer would be the correct and best way, but your not using the SAME cable to do this, but that is the best way ...
HDMI1 and HDMI2

ejb1980's answer would be the correct and best way, but your not using the SAME cable to do this, but that is the best way ...
HDMI1 and HDMI2

I think op is trying to diplex catv and swm signal the separate them to run an h25 and catv box at the same time.

Plain and simple this is not going to work because catv (digital) signals will overlap swm frequencies. The other input is not designed for catv. If your scrap mrv and downgrade to analog it Might work. But chances are low.

I think op is trying to diplex catv and swm signal the separate them to run an h25 and catv box at the same time.

Plain and simple this is not going to work because catv (digital) signals will overlap swm frequencies. The other input is not designed for catv. If your scrap mrv and downgrade to analog it Might work. But chances are low.

You can Diplex old school legacy with cable but once you add MRV and SWM to the mix its game over. You can Diplex legacy without any issues at all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)