How do I change billing to Dish?

TomT127

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Sugar Land, TX
Hopefully a moderator can help me here. While trying to add HBO I was told I had to add it through my local phone service (Windstream) because I have had a bundled package. Problem is, I use to get a deal by bundling but they now only bundle deals for Direct TV , so no use going through my phone company. How do I stop the connection through Windstream and pay Dish direct without interrupting service?

Last edited:
Hopefully a moderator can help me here.
Not sure what you mean by moderator, but I can help since I've done that in the past with CenturyLink. What you do is call Dish, tell them you want to be unbundled, they ask a few questions/ give a few disclosures then put in a request (Apparently its supposed to take a week, took only a day for me to get a new acct number on mydish). After doing there thing, they conference call with you and the partner (in your case Windstream), and get it done on there end. Pretty straight forward, although I had to call in about 3 times before I got a competent agent that knew what a bundle was.

I believe that new number will cause the OP to lose any programs on any EHDs he may have...
I know it wont affect what's on the internal HDD, but I'm not aware of what would happen to EHD since I didn't use one back then. So yeah, that could be an issue

Reactions: TheKrell
Not sure what you mean by moderator, but I can help since I've done that in the past with CenturyLink. What you do is call Dish, tell them you want to be unbundled, they ask a few questions/ give a few disclosures then put in a request (Apparently its supposed to take a week, took only a day for me to get a new acct number on mydish). After doing there thing, they conference call with you and the partner (in your case Windstream), and get it done on there end. Pretty straight forward, although I had to call in about 3 times before I got a competent agent that knew what a bundle was.
Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen
This is a modal window.
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent
BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent
WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%
Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow
Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog
End of dialog window.​

Well I called Dish and they said they could NOT unbundle me. I was told to call Windstream. When I called Windstream they transfered me to Dish. I'm just going in circles.
Yep, sounds like an unknowing rep. As I said, took me a few tries before I got someone that knew how to do it, but I’m pretty sure it’s initiated on Dish’s end (or a least is was for me)

Update: Finally got a dish rep that was ablt to sent a message to Windstream that I wanted to unbundle. Told me it probably take a week. Hopefully the HBO $12 special will still be available.

Good lessen learned - If a CSR gives you an answer you think may not be correct or even just don't like, play CSR roulette and try again. :laser

Update: Finally got a dish rep that was ablt to sent a message to Windstream that I wanted to unbundle. Told me it probably take a week. Hopefully the HBO $12 special will still be available.

You’ll be fine. That promotion runs through 10/27/21.

Source:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a week now and I haven't heard from anyone. Probably more Windstreams fault. I know they have had a lot of financial problems and their srevice has gone downhill lately.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's been a week now and I haven't heard from anyone. Probably more Windstreams fault. I know they have had a lot of financial problems and their srevice has gone downhill lately.
It may have been done, nobody called me. I just noticed that my account number was different online one day and got a paper bill in the mail from Dish like 2 weeks later (which I didn’t bother with because I already had autopay setup). Maybe giving another call, or checking the website if you know what you’re account number was before to see if it has changed.

It may have been done, nobody called me. I just noticed that my account number was different online one day and got a paper bill in the mail from Dish like 2 weeks later (which I didn’t bother with because I already had autopay setup). Maybe giving another call, or checking the website if you know what you’re account number was before to see if it has changed.
So far Dish still shows my Windstream account number but I will keep an eye on it.

So far Dish still shows my Windstream account number but I will keep an eye on it.
Hello, TomT127. Once a unbundle request is submitted on our end, the account should unbundle within 3 business days and you will receive the first DISH bill within 7-10 business days with your new account number. However, it can take up to 2 billing cycles for complete billing separation, causing you to see overlapping charges on the final bundled bill through Windstream and your first DISH bill. Prorated credits on the following DISH bill will be issued to offset any overlapping charges, so you will want to make sure to pay both bills to avoid service issues.

Two weeks have gone by and when I go to my Dish account it still says "You are currently billed by Windstream for your DISH Network service." So I don't think it's working. Should I call Dish again and start the process all over? Probably not their fault but not sure what else to do.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)