How do I record a program at a specific time?

IndoRaven

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
MD
I have a Dish 722k HD DVR. There's a news program I like that comes on 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I want to automatically record this program when it comes on in the evening. How can I do this? What frequency setting do I select?

I have a Dish 722k HD DVR. There's a news program I like that comes on 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I want to automatically record this program when it comes on in the evening. How can I do this? What frequency setting do I select?

I would be curious if anybody else knows how to do this. If both daily episodes are listed as new, they will both record. I can't see a way around this.

Assuming that the 722k is the same as the 622 and 722, then go to the evening event in the Guide, and click on it.
In the resulting screen, select "Daily" (unless you do not want it on the weekends, so then select "M-F").

You can do it with a manual timer, just like a VCR:

A Manual Timer allows for the creation of a timer without the All Episode and New Episode Frequency options. The Search function operates similarly.

1. Press DVR twice on the remote (three times for a 625 receiver).
2. Go to and select Timers.
3. Go to and select Manual Timer.
4. Enter and select the channel number.
5. Set Frequency and Type.
6. Select Edit Time.
7. Set the start time, end time and timer date.
8. Go to and select Done.
9. Go to and select Set Priority.
10. Left arrow to select event. Use the Move Up option to adjust the timer priority. Go to and select Done.
11. Select Options to add start and end time and to protect the event from being deleted when system locks are set. Select Done.
12. Go to and select Create Timer.

Select one of the programs and set up a timer.

Press the DVR button 3 times and skip the recordings you don't want.

A "daily" or a "M - F" timers will adjust if the program changes times (within just a few hours) I don't know about length but I would think it does.

You can do it with a manual timer, just like a VCR:

A Manual Timer allows for the creation of a timer without the All Episode and New Episode Frequency options. The Search function operates similarly.

1. Press DVR twice on the remote (three times for a 625 receiver).
2. Go to and select Timers.
3. Go to and select Manual Timer.
4. Enter and select the channel number.
5. Set Frequency and Type.
6. Select Edit Time.
7. Set the start time, end time and timer date.
8. Go to and select Done.
9. Go to and select Set Priority.
10. Left arrow to select event. Use the Move Up option to adjust the timer priority. Go to and select Done.
11. Select Options to add start and end time and to protect the event from being deleted when system locks are set. Select Done.
12. Go to and select Create Timer.

Thank you so much. I tried this and it works great.

How accurate is DishPointer?

Shared view and wireless adapter for connection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)