How do I set up 1000.4 for just one bird?

Mark0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Lowell, MA
Going away on vaca. and want to bring my dish. Only problem is it's going to be hard pulling in just one bird let alone 3 (trees!) So I'm wondering if there's a way I can go about tuning in only 61.5 with a single LNB dish?

Last edited:
Pick up a D500 with a DishPro dual LNB and an I adapter. If the receiver can only see 61.5 when you do a Check Switch, that's all it needs for 3-day EPG, and it won't display channels that aren't on that bird.

I haven't been around long enough to know what you just asked, but I do know that the LNB has to be at least DishPro vintage to work without an additional switch and a receiver that is certified to work with Eastern Arc.

You can get 61.5 with a Dish 500, and any single or dual lnb should work. We've been using I-brackets and Y-brackets for 61.5 for over 5 years now.

Yes you can use a DirecTV Single or Dual, or Dish legacy or DishPro Single or Dual. Run a check switch each time you move the receiver to the other dish configuration.

Just remember if you use the older legacy equipment it will go through 38 steps when you run the switch test not the usual 3. Just wanted to let you know so you won't think you have a problem.

Thanks guys!

I gave it a shot last evening here at home before I head up to the mountains. After an initial hiccup (forgot to make a coax connection in the house), I was able to use my old Dave dish to point to 61.5. Ran a check switch once I had a decent signal and went back out to tweak it once again. Got a signal strength in the upper 30's-low 40's. Good enough for me.

Surprisingly, the only HD channel I notice missing from my list of regulars is ESPN (still get ESPN News HD). So looks like I won't be missing much of anything. Just really hoping NESN isn't a spot beam, or if it is I can still pull it in in the White Mountains of western Maine.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'm sure to be the crown pleaser with an HD receiver and 720p projector. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)