How do I set up mirroring with a Dishnetwork receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeffthefish

Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
georgia
Dish mirroring. Can you tell me what equipment I need and how to do connect to accomplish this? I would like to mirror one Dishnetwork hd receiver to a second TV. There is existing coax from both locations going to the main box, but the new location is not connected at the box yet. I have 3 receivers, 1-VIP622 and 2-VIP211. The 622 is a duo dvr box and the sd signal (TV2) is split to TV2 and TV3. The 211 goes to TV4 and the other 211 to TV5. Thanks for your help. I want to split one of the 211s to another tv, which would be TV6.
Appreciate your help.
Jeff[/SIZE][/SIZE]

You just need to run from one of the outputs on the 211 to your "tv6". Using the coaxial out would be the easiest method assuming tv6 is a fair distance away. Just get a 2 way splitter and run from the 211 to the "in" on the splitter and run from the "outs" on the splitter to the coax jacks on the tv's.

If you aren't using the coax output to connect to the existing tv, just eliminate the splitter from the occasion and run straight from the coax output to TV6. Just keep in mind you only have 1 tuner and thus both tv's will be watching the same channel.

Hey Jeff,
The 211 that you want to use to mirror to TV6, what type of cable are you using to connect to the TV? If you are not using a coax cable you can run a cable from the TV set out to TV number 6. If you are using coax to connect to the TV in the room with the 211 you would need a 2 way splitter to split the signal to the two TV's. Hope that helps. Let me know if it didn't.

coax?

Both answers above are the same, just remember coax out is not HDTV it is only SD.

I'm confused. The lead from the dish to the receiver is coax and it is HD. Can I connect the TV6 to the Dish junction box instead of splitting after the receiver?
Thanks

You just need to run from one of the outputs on the 211 to your "tv6". Using the coaxial out would be the easiest method assuming tv6 is a fair distance away. Just get a 2 way splitter and run from the 211 to the "in" on the splitter and run from the "outs" on the splitter to the coax jacks on the tv's.

Can I connect the TV6 directly to the Dish junction box instead of splitting after the receiver?
Thanks

By DISH junction box are you referring to the box outside? If so that would be a switch and it would not work by connecting TV number 6 to that. You need to split the video signal and not the satellite signal.

Do you expect HD on TV6? This is the all-important question.

Whatever kind of TV it is, you will need to run some sort of video cabling between an existing receiver and the TV. No TV can process the satellite signal directly.

So, are you saying I need to hard wire coax from a splitter from the output on the receiver and back to the new tv6? Is there no way to use a splitter or ?? at the outside box since the coax for both tv locations goes to that box? I'd like to avoid hard wiring to the receiver inside so I dont have to tear up walls. Thanks

Correct you have to split it from the receiver but if you have a junction box for your house you could run it to that box from the receiver. That may avoid tearing up walls. As harshness was pointing out this solution means TV 6 will just be in SD.

By DISH junction box are you referring to the box outside? If so that would be a switch and it would not work by connecting TV number 6 to that. You need to split the video signal and not the satellite signal.

Yes, the outside box. Can I make the coax from the receiver send a signal back to the outside box and split the signal there to the other tv?

It is possible to "backfeed" the signal to the outside box, but the component count goes up quickly and you risk significant signal loss.

Backfeeding requires the use of a pair of devices called "diplexers".

The HD question must still be answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)