How do we as installers get new connectors approved?

wooddude420

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
E Tennessee
I have 1000's of Digicon DS6U RG6 Compression connectors. I have viewed "approved accessories" and of course they are not listed which brings up the whole QAS issue and Dish Network's charge back policies (which are an entirely different issue). I am an extremely neat and orderly installer and the only thing that can cause a QAS Failure would be those connectors. As all of you are aware, connectors are not cheap and I would hate to have to abandon the great deal I got. I was hoping someone had some contact information of someone that could help me push through their approval. For now I am back to purchasing PPC's and they are still more affordable than the Thomas and Betts, but again I got an incredible deal on those Digicons and it would save me lots of money for awhile.

Thanks to all

You are better off selling them to someone... Seems that half the reason the stuff is "approved" is because only a certain distributer has it. I have to buy my DirecTV wire through p-10 and my dish wire at dow.... It's the same wire, solid copper... Now we have to carry TWO rolls of the SAME type of wire on the truck...

Maybe you should check approved list before you build up an inventory of "BARGIN" parts. If it isn't approved it isn't a bargin.

ha! good luck.
use them on the jobs you'll fail on anyway (existing mount too close to power line-cust wont let you move it, cust mother sleeping in bedroom-cant put remote in limited and put stickers on it, 100 feet of buried cable with no messenger ground and its not orange anyway.)
its almost impossible to pass a quas these days if you want to get jobs done.