How do you configure the receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I have the new QPH-031 LNB, and was wondering, how in the antenna setup do you configure for the two different LNB connections and ensure that the motor will move when you need it to and get the proper lnb to power on. I have a fortec star lifetime ultra, a 4X1 switch, the primary connection (#1) in switch is the linear lnb, in #2 is my 18" DSS dish, on 119 for audio, and I want to put #3 port on the switch to the Circular LNB on the QPH-031m then to have the motor move, which will be driven by the #1 port. Any thoughts..

You set up each "side" of the LNBF just as you would two completely different LNBFs. You connect the two "sides" with a DiSEqC switch (or two DiSEqC switches if you're using both outputs on each "side" for two receivers).

You could also use 22k switches instead of DiSEqC switches since the linear "side" of the QPH LNB is standard, not universal, and therefore does not require constant 22k tone. However, if you keep the separate 18" dish for audio, that would make 3 LNBFs and you'll need to use the DiSEqC switch.

Think of this LNBF as two dual-output LNBFs (a circular and a linear) in the same physical case sharing the same feedhorn.

You would connect as follows: receiver to motor, motor to DiSEqC switch output, then one each of the C and L outputs from the QPH LNBF to two input ports on the DiSEqC switch.

If you're using two receivers, you'd use two DiSEqC switches, each with one each of the C and L outputs. Only one receiver would be connected to the motor and therefore only one receiver would control the dish movement.

Tron, Thanks, I think I understand that part since I already have the DiSEqC switch in place, however the problem I am trying to figure out is how do I setup/configure this inside the receiver so that the receiver knows how to move the dish, or will it send out the command regardless? I will be running cable tonight assuming I get some other stuff done.. :D

Thanks Again
Rick

Rick
If you're using port 1 for the linear side and port 3 for the citrcular, for the DBS slots, change the Diseqc to port 3 and change the motor to USALS or 1.2

It will work. Right now I have a 4x1 switch. Port 1 is KU and port 4 is DBS. In my setup I have

KU
Port 1
Diseqc 1.2

DBS
Port 4
Diseqc 1.2

When I switch between DBS & Ku, the motor moves and switches to that port. the switch has to be between the LNB & Motor

Iceberg, Thanks sounds like it just works, which is awesome. I should have the cable run this weekend.. Which means, I should be picking up the rest of that audio on DBS birds.. :D Thanks

Rick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)