How do you know if CBS HD is avail in your area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I just had Dish installed on Friday and I see lots of people talking about CBS HD. I know I can only get it if its avail in my area. How do I know if its avail in my area? What channel is it?

scott78945 said:
I just had Dish installed on Friday and I see lots of people talking about CBS HD. I know I can only get it if its avail in my area. How do I know if its avail in my area? What channel is it?
Depends on where you are. Most people get it OTA. Some use a 2nd dish to get it from 148 or 61.5 degrees, if they have a waiver from their local CBS affiliate.

Check www.antennaweb.org for digital channel numbers in your area.

Ahh, I didn't know that you needed a second dish to get it. I know I needed a second one to get Voom but didnt' know that about CBS HD. I am going to be getting it OTA as soon as my antenna gets here. Thanks for the info.

There are several qualifiers for CBS HD. If you do not have or qualify for networks on DN, you won't qualify. If you have locals, the next qualifier if if you local CBS is a CBS owned network. The keywords are "CBS Owned", if your local cbs is not owned by CBS, you won't get either east or west CBS HD.

I want the my Local CBS and i want the East CBS HD but i guess they dont do that. I just wish Dish would give me local HD stations.

You have to call Dish and they can tell you if you can get it or not. I have locals and got the CBShd. It depends where you live and if your in a in a O & O area.

I used to get it through Time Warner before I went to Dish that is why I am wondering...I will have to call and find out.

There is a additional qualifier. You cannot be in grade a range of another CBS station that is in a neighboring market. If you are, you will need waivers for both CBS stations.

I have no idea how I qualified for CBS-HD being as close to Atlanta as I am, but I did. It's not that big a deal as I only watch a few shows on CBS and Falcons Football is always on Fox 5 which as soon as my CM 4228 comes in I'll be getting OTA.

Hey, anyone in the Chicagoland area here get CBS-HD through E*? Also, did you need a 'waiver'? What do you need to do to get it? If so, do you get any live sporting events (NFL in particular), or is it always blacked out?

I am just too far out from the city (about 40 miles) for CBS's stupid VHF-3 assignment. It is totally unwatchable about 75% of the time.

Depending on where you are located, CBS hd feeds are usually from NY or LA. The local NFL home team ie: Jets, Raiders; will probalby be blacked out in you are not in either's DMA. I am just outside of NY DMA and cannot watch the Jets due to blackouts.

I didn't realize the combined population served by the CBS O&O's was so large. No wonder so many people report they are eligible to pick up those stations.

Likewise for those who would be eligible to get ABC and NBC HD if E* offered those network feeds. Everyone in the NYC, LA, Chicago, Philly & San Fran/Jose areas, plus more.

I live north of Detroit (Detroit DMA). I called Dish to have CBS-HD turned on. They told me I need waivers from WTOL in Toledo, OH (55.4 miles) & WLNS Lansing, MI (46.8 miles). There is no way I can bring in these stations with my antenna and neither of them is even broadcasting a digital signal. Has anyone else run into this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts