Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Alvin, Texas
Since Turkey day is just a couple of days away, I was wondering how everyone will be preparing their bird this year. If you are not cooking a turkey that is fine please tell me what and how you prepare it.

I stay true to my handle and smoke my birds in a pit for about 10 to 12 hrs. I use a special dry rub and let them sit in the fridge for about 8 to 10 hrs to soak up all that flavor into the meat. :eureka

Everytime I hear of someone deep frying their turkey it reminds me of that Allstate commercial with that guy that played Cerano in Major League telling everyone how many people set their houses on fire doing that. :)

I will be baking our turkey in the oven. We got a small turkey breast since it's just going to be 3 of us eating Thanksgiving dinner. :)

Our first year with a convection oven. May not sound like much but initial testing this summer was promising. Best turkey we've had.

This will be our third year hosting the festivities for both our families.

bbqman, you make it sound like your family is a burden on your tv watching time. :D

Am I reading that right? :D :D

I guess burden is to strong a word. Lets just say with 10 people in the house and 4 of them my grandkids my viewing time is quite limited. Suffice to say, I will try to get in a few minutes of the Cowboys annual turkey fest.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts