How Low SR Can a Traxis DBS-3500 Get

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Helped a friend put up a dish for 72w yesterday. We are getting all the NBC stuff and GBN. But we also wanted some entertainment from Harold Camping, KFTL. Plugged in 11890 into my signal meter but it wouldn't take any SR below 2000. KFTL is at 1666, so we went in the house and tried scanning it in on the Traxis, no go. Tried manual inputting The TP and SR still nothing. The other services are coming in 72% and look fine. So my question is does the Traxis also have a lower limit that won't take the 1666 SR, or do I have some other problem? The dish is a "Dish Superdish" with a GeosatPro SL2 LNB.

Depending on the lnbf, you might have to vary the freq and SR a bit to hit it>I'm pretty sure the traxis I have used to lock it. Might have to go the long route, and manually "create the channel" by adding the PIDS, rather than just adding the tp. The Traxis is really sensitive, if you have the dish zeroed in on 72W it should get it.

Thanks for confirming that it will go that low. He did try entering the pids, but nothing.
We are starting to question the LOS, might try re-locating the dish next.

if it's not the LOS...

Depending on the lnbf, you might have to vary the freq and SR a bit to hit it.
Might have to go the long route, and manually "create the channel" by adding the PIDS, rather than just adding the tp.
This is just a problem with the very low SR signals, isn't it?
And I see that four web sites can't agree on the actual frequency, SR, nor FEC:
global-cm, satguys, ftalist, & lyngsat - ;)

Oh, and by the way, the GeoSatPro LNB expects to play with a round dish.
So, aiming it an elliptical SuperDish won't be optimum.
DishNet SuperDish: 36" x 20"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts