how many boxes on one account?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
wondering how many single or dual tuner receivers you can have on one account?.it seems like they only want to give 3 units ,one being a dual.can one side of a dual be disconnected so you don't get the extra charge? does it help to buy your own receivers?

Your only aloud to lease( 2) ,322, or (522,625 SD DVRs) Dual room SD receivers.
Or (4) 311's Single room SD receivers
HD Equipment
(2 )Vip 222, or (622,722,722k HD DVRs)
Or 4 Vip 211,612's.

So a Total of 4 rooms is all you can lease. You can buy as many as you want and add them to your account.

If you do not keep your phone line or broadband connection connected then the audit team will call and audit you. If you fail the audit then they will PERMANENTLY prevent you from activating any receivers they say did not pass the audit making them door stops and PERMANENTLY prevent you from activating any additional receivers. Even if you correctly read the numbers off to them it does not mean that they will pass you. Also if you add receivers after an audit is done they will automatically fail you.

Be very careful if you activate too many receivers on your account or you WILL have problems if they dont have phone line or broadband connection. You also better check them regularly to make sure they did not get disconnected or that they modem didn't fail or that may lead to an audit as well. They will accept NO excuses and you take it or leave it. They will also be happy to deactivate your account if you are not happy with that and will do NOTHING to try to keep you and make no exceptions.

I was audited once in 8 years

They called and said unless I verify my receiver locations, my account will be suspended. I had 4 single receivers at that point. I had to read him Receiver and Smartcard numbers and Switch information from each receiver over the phone individually. I was so mad, person said this is because some of my receivers were not connected to phoneline. :D This was about two years ago...

What pisses me off is that I read all the numbers off and they still tell me that I failed and now they have gone as far as not letting me activate more receivers on my account beyond two and am stuck in a contract and can't cancel without being penalized. I am NOT setting up another account to add another box. I think this is just a way for Dish Network to make more money just like how they nickel and dime us.

Unfortunately, one box is not enough for some families, even if it is a dual tuner receiver. I have already tried it and family members fight over what to watch.

I have 2 leased 722s ( cant have more than 2 leased duals ), 2 510s, 1 211, and 1 322 ( all purchased ) none of them connected to phone or internet. I called and asked about max number of receivers allowed on my account before hand and was told that the max was 4 leased tuners and a total of 12 tuners was all that was allowed. months later i activated the 322 and was told that receiver # 5 ( #5 regardless if its a duo or not) triggers an automatic audit, even if 1 or 2 are connected. All receivers need to be connected to avoid the audit. None of mine are connected so the csr told me to expect a call from the audit dept. Ok....then about three days later I got a call and simply had to go to each receiver and give them the location i.d number ( this number changes every 10-15 minutes ) The auditor said thanks and that was it, I thoughy it was going to uncomfortable but It wasnt

Your only aloud to lease( 2) ,322, or (522,625 SD DVRs) Dual room SD receivers.
Or (4) 311's Single room SD receivers
HD Equipment
(2 )Vip 222, or (622,722,722k HD DVRs)
Or 4 Vip 211,612's.

So a Total of 4 rooms is all you can lease. You can buy as many as you want and add them to your account.

Actually you can only have six receivers on a Dish Account single or dual. To go beyond Six you need to open a second full cost account.

In certain instances (mostly commercial), you can get Dish to cascade two accounts. However, this is very difficult to get done.

I have 2 leased 722s ( cant have more than 2 leased duals ), 2 510s, 1 211, and 1 322 ( all purchased ) none of them connected to phone or internet. I called and asked about max number of receivers allowed on my account before hand and was told that the max was 4 leased tuners and a total of 12 tuners was all that was allowed. months later i activated the 322 and was told that receiver # 5 ( #5 regardless if its a duo or not) triggers an automatic audit, even if 1 or 2 are connected. All receivers need to be connected to avoid the audit. None of mine are connected so the csr told me to expect a call from the audit dept. Ok....then about three days later I got a call and simply had to go to each receiver and give them the location i.d number ( this number changes every 10-15 minutes ) The auditor said thanks and that was it, I thoughy it was going to uncomfortable but It wasnt
what is the location id no? if the boxes are a mile apart do they have the same location no?

Yes, they have the same location id number no matter what the box is at. The thing is you need to be able to read all of the location id numbers off during one phone conversation and they listen for any doors that open or shut or if anybody is talking to you and other specific things to see if someone is telling you a location id number in case the receiver is not there and someone is trying to tell you. They dont tell you what is going on either they try to keep that a secret. I think if you tell them what is going on or if they think you know then they will automatically just shut the boxes off anyways.

Here is the bad thing about Dish Network. If you make changes after an audit they will automatically shut your additional receivers off and they wont add them under any circumstances. Also they want to audit any unactivated receivers that you had on your account in the past and you FAILED THE AUDIT for not giving them location id's on receivers that are not even active. Any receiver you deactivate still stays on the account until it is transferred to another account. I had an issue with a receiver and was shipping it back to them and they wanted to audit that one too. I think this is absolutely rediculous and have been through this twice now. This time they will not let me activate any additional receivers and disabled additional ones. I read off all the numbers to all the activated receivers on the account and they still done this. They did not care to shut my account off immediately and I am under contract and there is a penalty so I got screwed bad by Dish and am stuck!

so if you have a box at a friends house or in your camper thats not at your home you're screwed! as far as having a id no when they call if the no changes every 15 seconds.

I have 2 222's and a 722 that were just installed last week. I signed up at the State Fair, and my wife and I spent close to 2 hours with the Dish rep and the Qwest rep going over what we needed. The Dish rep promised me 4 dual boxes, with the understanding that they would install one tuner, and I would install the 2nd. When the installer showed up, he had the 722 and one 222. I told him this was not what I was promised, and after calls between the installer, the dealer and dish, they mailed me a 2nd 222, and the installer came back 2 days later and installed it. The dealer said that because of my trouble with being promised 4 boxes, they would send the third. I can make things work with the 3 dual tuners, but just 2 would have been more of a hassle. I've got 8 tv's in the house. The dual tuner boxes and cheaper multi-sports package were the reason I went with Dish and not DirecTV. The three boxes are now connected by broadband, so I guess I will just wait and see if Dish hassles me at some point in the future about having more than the allowed number of tuners.

That's right catman60, you cannot have it at a friend's house, camper, etc. Now if you have one receiver and take it back and forth then you are alright. The problem I have is that they are bothering legit subscribers that do not do anything wrong but I guess this is the cheapest route possible to control their system, the only way they can do it without costing them more than what it is worth. They don't care to lose some subscribers to do it this way as they loss is less than the cost of going about this another way.

Some people have problems, some don't. I had problems several years back then no problems until now once again. I kept my receivers plugged into a phone line when I could. I like the caller id display on my screen and not having audit team bothering me.

Well, have always had all 6 STB's connected to phone line for 8 years, then two of them to broadband. There have never been any problems with any of the STB's connection to Dish. I monitor that and frequently test the lines via the menus. Never heard from audit team, except that when I installed my 5th box many years ago, the installer was told to call auditing, as that was the only way Dish would authorize the box. The box was authorized, but Auditing told the installer to tell me that I had to have all my boxes connected to a phone line AT ALL TIMES, or they would shut down the boxes! Since day one of my first install, this has always been the case, so this requirement was no problem.

Then, one day about 8 months ago, Auditing--now renamed Signal Integrity--called and wanted me to read off all the numbers on my boxes, I kept telling him this was odd because I know that all my boxes had been reporting to Dish. He never addressed that inquisitive statement, but he was VERY polite, and explained that there could be no interruption of our phone call and wanted me to be certain that my cordless phone had sufficient battery power for the remainder of the call.

Any way, I read all the numbers. He was quite pleasant throughout the entire call. After satisfying him with the correct numbers, he then said a polite thank you, and I wished him well. I haven't heard from them since, but it was clear that even though my boxes were in contact with Dish, Dish called for an audit, anyway.

My experience was quite positive. However, I have no doubt that others may have been poorly treated. I think the key is ALL BOXES connected to phone line or broadband AT ALL TIMES, and one can go quite a long time without ever hearing from Signal Integrity.

So now they are auditing people even if they have their phone lines connected? REDICULOUS is what it is. I consider it an invasion of privacy. I don't get why they are contacting you if you had them all connected unless some of them got disconnected and you didnt' know it? If not then they suspected you of trying to cheat them or maybe running phone lines to a next door neighbor or something? Do you have any close neighbors or live in an apartment complex or something?

Well if they call me , I won't answer because I don't have the ringer turned on . I only use my cell phone for people I want to talk to. The land line is for DISH and for a work number. At work the rules say I have to have a working phone number for state of Texas , but it doesn't say I have to answer.

I don't answer phone calls that I do not recognize either. I am on the do not call list but telemarketers still call sometimes and that does not stop nonprofit organizations and people you do business with from calling.