How many outputs over sigle cable?

yessirrom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Ok, I want to install a 622 and a 211. I would like to feed the coax outputs to a splitter that then feeds 4 rooms. With the agile modulater I know I can view tuners 1 and 2 from the 622 on seperate channels.

Can I also feed the 211 coax output into the mix and tune it in on a 3rd channel?

Is ther a limit to how many feeds I can send this way?

Single cable. sorry...

Last edited:
Ummm....I'd say no. The TV1 output of the 622 and the output of the 211 will interfere with each other. I take a lot of risks, and even I'm not willing to place TV1 at channel 4, and 211 on channel 3

(whine on) but what if I space the channels farther apart? (whine off)

I would think the agile modulator would allow this. The Tvs are not connected to any other signals at all.

How many inputs does your agile modulator have?

We do this quite often when a bar owner wants to stack all of the receivers in his office and integrate it into his cable programming.

You can set each receiver to any channel you want with an agile mod.

A general rule of thumb is to space your channels on the same agile mod at least two apart (60, 62, 64 66, etc.).

I currently have TV1 output to channel 21 and TV2 of my 622 output to channel 62 via a single coax fed into a splitter in the attic. I have changed the TV1 remote to UHF and backfed both feeds throughout the house. I can now independantly control both tuners throughout the house.

I do not have a 211. Does it allow you to modulate the output like the 622?

I want to add the 211 to the mix as well.

Code:
TV#1 on the 622 and the 211 output will only do channels 3 or 4
You must be thinking of a 625, 622 is different. You should be fine using the outputs from the 622 and 211 without using additional modulators.

You can modulate 100+ channels onto a single cable using the right equipment. I've seen it done with Direct TV systems. Same concept here. Don't ask me HOW it's done, because I haven't DONE it myself. I could only guess. Heh

ZandarKoad said:
You can modulate 100+ channels onto a single cable using the right equipment. I've seen it done with Direct TV systems. Same concept here. Don't ask me HOW it's done, because I haven't DONE it myself. I could only guess. Heh

I am thinking you would have to reduce the output level by attenuating the signal, most likely using the little attenuator that comes with the dual tuner recievers, or by even hacking up a little splitter reducer jobby job :)

On Edit:

Now that I think about it, it's simple - this is exactly what the cable company does - ch2-99 (example) all output on a single line according to their designated frequency.

I say it can done - take two 311's, put one on 3 and one on 4, use a splitter backwards (combiner) output it to one tv, now flip to 3 and 4 on the television and I bet it works just fine.

You want 8 channels? Fine get a 8 way splitter. You want 4? Hmm.... a 4 way splitter. You want 100? Buy a cable company.

Last edited:
rcdallas said:
I am thinking you would have to reduce the output level by attenuating the signal, most likely using the little attenuator that comes with the dual tuner recievers, or by even hacking up a little splitter reducer jobby job :)

On Edit:

Now that I think about it, it's simple - this is exactly what the cable company does - ch2-99 (example) all output on a single line according to their designated frequency.

I say it can done - take two 311's, put one on 3 and one on 4, use a splitter backwards (combiner) output it to one tv, now flip to 3 and 4 on the television and I bet it works just fine.
It won't work except by pure luck most of the time Channel 3 will walk all over ch4. If you can balance the output of the two signals you can use the adjacent channels. Even the FCC does not assign two adjacent channels in the same market.:)

You may need to use an antennuator or something like you said. I'm sure the proper equipment takes all that stuff into consideration. I mean, there are massive combiners (don't know the exact term) designed just for the purpose of switching several incomming signals on the same channel number to different channel numbers. So a simple backwards splitter may not work with the 3/4 idea with 311's, but you've got the right concept.

Yeah, the cable companies do it all day and all night perfectly fine. Er... at least well enough that certain people want to pay for their service. :D

Set the 622 output modulator to cable, enable the tuner 1 output. That will automatically put tv1 to ch 75 and tv2 to ch 73. 211 out is ch3. combine with splitter and it will be fine. If crossmod or beats are created, just change the 622 output to different channels.

I have two 622's one puts TV2 on channel 119 the other on 121 and it's attached to my normal cable (community cable) coming in the house so that gets 2-79 and my two dish boxes.

I can basically watch anything I want anywhere in the house. Kind of a nice feature. :)

I use a crappy 3 way splitter to take all three inputs and output a single signal that gets split up through out the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)