How much to add an HD receiver to a Two TV setup?

nathan118

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I have one of the HD Dvrs that connects to two rooms (can't remember the number right now), but the 2nd set is SD. I know to add HD and DVR I'd need a second HD DVR receiver....but does anyone know how much it would cost to just add an HD Receiver? That way if I'm just watching a sporting event or something live, it will at least be in HD.

Would probably need another cable run I'd assume though...

I just did this. I added a VIP 211k high-def single tuner receiver. Dish wanted to charge me $50 plus a $95 install fee plus a 24 month commitment.

I bought a new 211k online, hooked it up, and had Dish activate it. Works great! The solo receiver will add $7 month to your bill.

You will need another coax run from the satellite dish to the new receiver.

I suggest you call Dish to find out how much it will cost you to get a single HD receiver. If the price is too high, you can purchase it online for around $120.00.

I have one of the HD Dvrs that connects to two rooms (can't remember the number right now), but the 2nd set is SD. I know to add HD and DVR I'd need a second HD DVR receiver....but does anyone know how much it would cost to just add an HD Receiver? That way if I'm just watching a sporting event or something live, it will at least be in HD.

Would probably need another cable run I'd assume though...

You also could run the componet out to 2nd tv and view same hd that can be seen on tv1

I just did this. I added a VIP 211k high-def single tuner receiver. Dish wanted to charge me $50 plus a $95 install fee plus a 24 month commitment.

I bought a new 211k online, hooked it up, and had Dish activate it. Works great! The solo receiver will add $7 month to your bill.

You will need another coax run from the satellite dish to the new receiver.
Is this necessarily true? Aren't two lines running from the Dish to the house, and then one of the lines goes to the Receiver, if there is a single DUO receiver setup? Then all that would be needed would be to hookup the second line to the receiver, where it enters the house.

I'm almost dead certain that is how my home is hooked up, sans the second receiver. IE, two coax from the Dish into the home. Just one of the dish coaxes go to my living room, which then hits a Dish Network splitter, and two coax lines goes into the 722k, which leaves the second coax from the Dish untapped.

That splitter is called a separator. Sounds like your all set to hook up either a single or dual tuner receiver (with a separator) that is DishPro compatible with that 2nd coax from the dish\switch

You also could run the componet out to 2nd tv and view same hd that can be seen on tv1

I'd need like a 50 ft run...and then I'd need to always use the same remote, right?

Not sure if $7 a month is worth it for just a little viewing. I'm a cheap bastard.

Is this necessarily true? Aren't two lines running from the Dish to the house, and then one of the lines goes to the Receiver, if there is a single DUO receiver setup? Then all that would be needed would be to hookup the second line to the receiver, where it enters the house.

I'm almost dead certain that is how my home is hooked up, sans the second receiver. IE, two coax from the Dish into the home. Just one of the dish coaxes go to my living room, which then hits a Dish Network splitter, and two coax lines goes into the 722k, which leaves the second coax from the Dish untapped.
You are correct assuming the installer ran the double coax into the house when the original install was done. That double coax is expensive (Hell 2 single runs aren't cheap either) so it might not always be the case if you only had one receiver installed.

Ross

Cool thing about the 211k is that you can add dvr software from DISH for $40.00 and add your own external hard drive off the shelf and you now have a dvr with no dvr fees. You can record one ota channel and one sat channel at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)