How much worse can NBC-HD get ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would bet considerably.

Are you watching OTA or LIL?

I watch OTA.
Sometimes I can see compression artifacts, sometimes it looks fine. It is the worst of all the major networks.

it's easily the worst (nationally) for sports. pixels flying all over the place.

I get OTA and it looks fantastic all the time. Even sports look great. I live in Charlottesville, VA.

I get NBC OTA form Columbus, GA. It looks great here. Maybe your local affiliate is compressing the image? My worst local has always been CBS, but still pretty good though. I believe picture quality varies a lot from DMA to DMA.

Heroes always look fantastic to me and in 5.1 (OTA). But then our local NBC actually spends money on their HD signal to make it the best they can. Heck, they even bought equipment so that they can do weater statements and school closing inline the HD signal so they can provide that service without dropping out of HD. Very nice.
Still, it's not the best for sports.

Many NBC's are "questionable" in particular with sports because NBC is 1080i and many of the local affilitates do several subchannels which starves that 1080i HD stream to the brink. My local CBS has this problem, NBC not quite so much.

I'm looking for a little education. I've been having audio problems on CBS HD network programming. How do I determine if the problem is with the network, the local affiliate or my equipment? The most evident problems have been with Network Programming.

I'm looking for a little education. I've been having audio problems on CBS HD network programming. How do I determine if the problem is with the network, the local affiliate or my equipment? The most evident problems have been with Network Programming.

If it were with the network you'd see posts all over the various forums about it so that's not the issue.

What receiver do you have that you're watching it on?
And is the local OTA or MPEG4 via D*?

Vast majority of the time your problem will be with the local affiliate.

NBC's audio is good, but they require the local to program often for it, manually. CBS has a automatic way to do this, and is usually good.

NBC audio was messed up for NBC's NHL this past weekend as their instructions to local stations had settings that did not exist. The result here was that the 5.1 audio came out as 2 channel stereo. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts