How often does DN call to verify?

If they did this to me being legit, I would just tell them that I was either going to switch to D* or Comcast(if possible). I wonder what they would say then? What can they do to you if you are no longer with E*(they don't have that much power)

You misunderstand their purpose. It's to make sure you comply with whatever rules E* chooses to enforce at the time. Their "power" lies in the fact that you do as they say, or you get cut off. Canceling achieves the same goal, "comply or quit". Once you leave, they don't really care what you do or if your receivers are plugged in because you're someone else's problem. They value your money, but your wallet is easily replaced. (This especially applies to all you "I pay $140/mo" people. E* doesn't count by the hundreds, they count by the MILLIONS.)

Threatening to quit is the oldest and most annoying game people play. It used to carry a lot of weight, but now that we're talking about subs in the millions, most companies don't really care anymore. Quit, go to Direct, find out how much more they suck and then come back. You'll sure have taught E*, or D* when you get around to doing the same to them, or TW when it's their turn, or Comcrap, or..or..

Quit, or don't, but don't threaten to. There are people out there who would just as soon turn you off so they don't have to deal with you anymore. Welcome to Customer Service in 2009.

That is correct, Dish Network WILL make arrangements to shut your account off. They reminded me about a penalty that I would be imposed since I am on a two year contract. I am probably GONE after my contract is up in a little over a year. The first time this happened years ago they told me I failed AFTER I gave them all proper information and they told me the same crap this time and refuse to allow me to add receivers to the account and shut the one off permanently because they said I added the receiver after they gave me an audit and they never attempted to contact me again to an audit again after I added the receiver on. The first time they pulled this audit stunt a long time ago I got them to take the flag off my account after DEMANDING them to. It aint working this time because their bullies. It is just simpler to switch to Directv. It just aint worth it. No wonder why Dish is losing customers instead of adding them.

And their Audit is working overtime these days I must say! That is why I deactivated everything but my 622 several months ago and wouldn't you know, they still call me every 6-7 days asking for that location codes on my 622, and yes--it is connected to the internet, and telephone, and all I have is locals only plus superstations. I have long moved onto UVerse, and here they still calling and bothering me, they tell me I pass everytime, and they flagged my account simply because I changed my debit card number two times within 30 days on my Autopay.

Now that's just good customer service, I tell ya! Grand customer service, hell, better than the rude girl down at everyone's local McDonald's (you all know you have that one rude girl at the drivethru--LOL)

DISH AUDIT DEPARTMENT

These people that are complete a**holes regarding customer relations, all they want is to open new accounts for customers who have 2 or more receivers,,,,,,,,,,they dont even care if the customer resides outside the US, they will leave you alone if you only have one ird per account,,,,,,,even if you want to get locals from outside your DMA you can make up an address and if you only have one ird on the account they wont even touch you........since DISH is losing customers like hell, somehow they must get more money out our pockets....... if they are so worried about account stacking why not invest in equipment tecnology against it, today several satellite companys in Canada and Mexico have this tecnology,,,,,,,,,,,,so what the f?????k.

I was audited late last year,,,,,,,,I passed the audit and I admit it I am getting NYC locals when I live in NM, since both parties knew about the NYC address being funny, the CSR said to me I will open you a new account, for you 2nd ird, I came up with the most stupid address you could imagine in NYC, and since that day I havent been bother again.

All this what you guys and I have experienced with Nazies, let's think other side. WHAT IF nobody wouldn't care? Let's say you could give one box to your neighbor and other to your mother-in-law? Service rates would go up very soon and here we would be complaining why Dish doesn't do anything about it? I am victim of "harrasment" too but it is actually good that freeloaders are catched and kept away. We all read service agreement when we signed up...right? Just a though...

I never read anything about phone line requirements when I signed up and I am not getting a phone line put in just to keep satellite tv. It's cheaper to switch to Directv which does not have that requirement to keep service on the boxes. Ain't satellite supposed to be a wireless technology? I was told that I did not need phone lines connected. Well, once in a while one gets disconnected and I dont realize it then I get an audit or they get pissed because I activate a receiver after an audit. What the heck? Does that sound like breaking a service agreement to want to add a receiver to my account? I dont think so. I read off all the numbers like I was supposed to and still tells me I failed an audit then the second time they dont even audit me at all or try to call but just shut me off and tell me I cant activate anymore receivers ever again unless I buy one from them and have them install it. Sounds to me like they are getting greedy and want to make some extra money and think I will pay it. WRONG, I WONT!!! It is not fair that some customers are getting such harsh treatment while others do not have to go through such bull if they want to activate a receiver or change one out or something having to call at specific times while others get to call in 24/7. It is such bull!

Dish Network needs to get their heads out of their xxx and change their business practices before its too late. The only reason why they are going to add any customers or not lose very many right now is due to the card swap. If it were not for that then they would be bleeding customers. They could go about this a different way without pissing off so many legit subscribers, especially the ones that they get a lot of money from each month. This is one of those things I hate about Dish and it might be such a disadvantage that can't make up for all of their other advantages. For most, this wont be a problem, but I can see them getting worse and worse affecting more and more people as time goes on. Yes, I think Dish needs to take care of their problems but I think that they are going about it the wrong way. I think they affect and make a lot more legit customers mad than they do to those that are not legit.

Last edited:
So to confirm with VIP receivers, they can be set to talk together over the power line? and just one call in over the net? confirming they are all one happy family:)

I ask this since I am very close to dropping ALL my phone lines, moving to all cell. and just a internet connection.

might be worth upgrading receivers.

dropping verizon phone will have me dancing the happy dance

One of the reasons we stuck with Direct TV was because of Dish's "phone line requirement". We haven't had a landline in over five years. Now if dish wants to foot the $30 a month landline bill...it might be a different story. If Direct TV started enforcing the "phone line requirement", Shaw Direct would be the next option.

Simply hang up on them treat them like any other telemarketer. What are they going to do if you dont talk to them? Cancel your account (laugh) i dont think so. Just tell them you would like them to read you their ROO and SOO numbers lol. Answer the phone and announce your self as special agent so and so with the federal bureau of investigation and then say how did you get this number who are you... hmmm maybe if you try this you can record it for us all to hear would make a good ringtone for my phone lol

Simply hang up on them treat them like any other telemarketer. What are they going to do if you dont talk to them? Cancel your account (laugh) i dont think so. Just tell them you would like them to read you their ROO and SOO numbers lol. Answer the phone and announce your self as special agent so and so with the federal bureau of investigation and then say how did you get this number who are you... hmmm maybe if you try this you can record it for us all to hear would make a good ringtone for my phone lol

You obviously don't know a thing about what you're talking about. If you hang up on them, they will simply shut down all of your receivers. They can and will do that. They are true Nazis that way.

you mean to tell me if they call me to verify all the numbers of my recievers and i a. dont answer the phone period or b. answer and hang up right away they will shut me down. and what if i dont have a phone or my number on my account is not active anymore then what. This is the first i have ever heard about these secret dish people. I just dont see them waisting the man power. as far as them just shutting you down you would think they would need good cause and proof not just a phone call. And i think you miss read my post it was ment to be funny. But untill i actually see this happen to someone just for them not taking the dish nazis phone call i dont believe it for a minute. i must admit this topic does have my attention and is worth me reading more into it. Just makes me wonder though if in fact they really do have the power to do this if you pay your bill on time everytime and let say your still under contract and what not does this void your commitment are you now out from under there deathgrip? because they just shut you down with no proof just for not taking their call or answering their questions. Seems like one would sue them over this providing they really weren't doing anything illegal or against the dish policy (recievers in one location)

I'm sure if you look around this forum you will see that it does happen, and more often then you might think.

BTW, your signature violates this websites rules. Language like that is forbidden.

lol..... thanks ill make a note to change that. In my defense i didnt not read the rules i thought we were all adults and a place like this people could speak/type freely as long as they wernt harassing or using it towards anyone in a negative way. i am new here so thank you. I like this site and would hate to get my account closed.

Yes, they can shut you down without even calling you and refuse to activate the receivers back on the account without an audit even. They are but wipes.

At the old dbsforums, dan collins site one of the adminstrators got shut down, for suspicion of attempted theft of services.

all he did was change movie packages too often.

i got mike lehto, a E upper insider appeared on chats to fix it, last i heard jeff was still being watched. he had only ONE receiver

I lost several hundreds bucks of activation money, audit turned him off but called it a voluntary disconnect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)