SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
I bought a 1 week old ir-to-uhf remote kit, but this remote looks OLD! :(

Attachments

• remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 319
That was the second generation of UHF remote controls used by DISH. That was the standard remote control on the 4700 & 4900 receivers. It is the remote control used with the UHF upgrade kits.

boba said:
It is the remote control used with the UHF upgrade kits.

Then why is the newer remote pictured on the kit box? And why do some of the auctions at eBay have a picture of the contents of the kit, which includes the newer looking remote?

JimBanville said:
Then why is the newer remote pictured on the kit box? And why do some of the auctions at eBay have a picture of the contents of the kit, which includes the newer looking remote?

I'm not sure why you got that style, but like I said.....

Larry said:
That's the same style remote I got with my very first Dish receiver, way back when.

BTW, my 4700/4900 came with a blue button remote. ;)

Sorry I should have looked more carefully at the enlarged image you got taken that is the original UHF remote. They did ship that with early 4700s though but most did come with the blue button remote that the UHF kit should have had.

Thanks guys! The person who sold me the kit said that they accidentally threw in that old UHF remote, but would send me the right one. I offered to send the old remote back, but they said they had no use for it. I don't need it either. Anyone know what it might be worth?

It might be worth $5 or $10 if it works. It will work with the kit. What you could do is wire up a third room to that receiver (or a second room to another receiver) and change the channels in an additional room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts