How reset Pansat 900 to zeo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

countryboy1949

Original poster
May 12, 2011
Tennessee
Hey guys.

I was adjusting my dish East & West last night on 125W Ku band to pick up a transponder better and hit the stop button on my motor (Pansat 900) while it was moving. Now I've lost all my satellite signals because the motor apparently has moved off the proper position. Fooling with it this morning if I go back 10 steps East manually I can pick up the Satellite. When I went back to 91W which is my southern most sat here in West Tn., it appears the motor is setting on 10 instead of zero. How can I reset it to zero? I am using a Openbox S9 receiver on a 36" motorized dish. Thanks for any help. I am still new to FTA, but have been reading in this forum frequently for a while now and just registered today. Thanks again.

Thanks FaT Air....I looked at the manual and it says to take the top off of the motor to reset and when I looked at the motor to see how it comes apart, there's a seal on it that says, "if broken the warranty expires" and it's only been about 6 weeks since I bought it. I'm wondering is I point it to true South and do a factory default reset if maybe that would do it. Don't know, may give it a try in the morning. I may loose my saved USALS transponders, but I can blind scan them all over again. Maybe I can research that or maybe someone else knows what would happen with a factory default reset.

Countryboy,

Were these items covered in that "manual"?

7. If the motor fails to move to the correct position, resynchronize the unit by using
the “1.2 and go to reference” operation. Then go back to USALS.
8. If motor does not move*, reset** the multi connector located at main board inside the
motor (take the plastic module out).
9. It is not recommended that the east/west buttons be used as they may jam.

* this may occur when the module is replaced or if East/West button is frequently used
** to reset, remove the main board module located inside the motor, unplug and then re-plug the multi-connector

Countryboy,

Were these items covered in that "manual"?

7. If the motor fails to move to the correct position, resynchronize the unit by using
the “1.2 and go to reference” operation. Then go back to USALS.
8. If motor does not move*, reset** the multi connector located at main board inside the
motor (take the plastic module out).
9. It is not recommended that the east/west buttons be used as they may jam.

* this may occur when the module is replaced or if East/West button is frequently used
** to reset, remove the main board module located inside the motor, unplug and then re-plug the multi-connector

AcWxRadar.....I don't remember seeing #7 , but the other was there about "if the motor doesn't move"...which my motor does move, just not to the proper coordinates.....I was playing around with it earlier today and did see the "go to reference" operation. I'll look at that in the morning and see if I can set it back to 0....thanks AcWxRadar. In reading the manual I must have overlooked #7 or it just didn't register when I read it. Thanks.

Thanks AcWxRadar .....went to "go to reference" and dish went all the way East and came back to 0 and stopped. Now just some minor adjustments to get back exactly on correct satellites. Thanks again...problem fixed :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts