How to Combine 3 Legacy LNB's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
Have a Dish 500 with dual legacy LNB's pointed at 110 & 119. I want to add 61.5 and have another Dish 500 with dual legacy LNB's. I have pointed one of the LNB's to 61.5 and read somewhere years ago how to combine 3 legacy's to one output for my 211K. I know it's easy if I switch to DP LNB's, but am happy with what I have. I have numerous SW21 switches if I can use 2 or 3 of those..

If you have 4 dual LNBs the only way to combine with DISH equipment is a SW64 switch. If you have a Legacy Twin and 2 Legacy duals you could run the Twin into a SW21 and one lead from the 61.5 into the SW21.

The last method is to use 2 LNB (110 & 119) into a SW21 and a SW21X (not made by DISH) to combine the 61.5 and the SW21 output.

This is always very confusing to me between legacy twin and duals. Let me be specific on what I have and want to do. I have two Dish 500 antennas. Each one has two individual legacy LNB's on it and all the legacy LNB's have two outputs. I have one Dish 500 pointed at 110 & 119 and have one output on each LNB running to a SW21 switch. My other Dish 500 I have pointed at 61.5 so only using one LNB. I have one output from that LNB and would like to combine the output from my SW21 with the 61.5 output and run one cable into my house. Hopefully that clears up my situation to make sure I am understanding the solutions already specified.

If I understand correctly can I run the output of my SW21 switch to an input on another SW21 switch and run the output of my 61.5 to the other side of the second SW21?? Then from there I would have one cable into my house. Will my 211K "see" this setup correctly or is there something I would have to do to force it?? Sorry I'm so dumb!!!! Pictures or diagrams would help this old guy, but I'm doing my best..

Last edited:
The last two to three times I have tried cascading a legacy twin with a legacy single using an sw-21, it wouldn't work. This was on a 301. I have heard of others having this issue.

OK guys have been doing some reading and yes trying to cascade a couple SW21's is not probable--don't want to say impossible, but likely won't work. However there is an SW21X that will work to cascade with an SW21. Run two LNB's into the SW21X and run the output of the SW21X and the third LNB into the SW21. Supposedly works well. The SW21X is NOT a Dish manufactured item, but apparently does the trick. We'll find out when I get one ordered....

correct bcsman

you need to combine 110 & 119 with a SW21X then use a regualr SW21 for that input and 61.5

a SW21X is a non oem part but works the same as a SW42 which just has 2 outputs. I know it works because I tried it once a long time ago

I did 61.5 & 110 into the SW21X
119 & the output from the SW21X to a SW21

Remember that 110/119/61.5 will NOT pick up the newest HD channels. You need 110/119/129 or possibly a four-way with 61.5/72 and 110/119--a bit tricky with Legacy or and EA solution, likely not Legacy.
-Ken

iceberg,
Thanks for reinforcing my research, was pretty sure I had read correctly. I have an SW21X on order so we will soon hook her up!!

Ken,
Yes I realize I'm not getting all the HD channels, but pretty darn near all of them. Also my Detroit locals are on 61.5 so am pretty happy with my setup now. I can always update and change down the road, and yes also I'm pretty sure I'll have a harder time hooking 4 legacy LNB's together if I expand. Would possibly tune to 129, but my LOS is not good with trees in the western arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)