How to contact CEO group???

Dovetails

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Hey gang, does anyone have a link to the CEO e-mail that I've seen mentioned on this site. I don't know if I'll get anywhere but I found out today from my local dealer that I fall under the 'C' category as far as equipment upgrades go :mad: Boy, was I pi$$ed! I've been a loyal customer with Dish for over 11 years now and have never missed a payment (never even been late) and THIS is the way they reward you :confused::mad::confused::mad:. Here I'm on the verge of upgrading to a HD DVR package along with a 722 & 211 and they throw me into a category that is gonna cost me 300.00 to upgrade equipment. Really blows when the local installer here told me he just signed on with Dish a month ago, has nothing more than the basic 100 package .... and he's a cat. 'B'
This is just plain wrong and for what it's worth, I thought I'd give this CEO line a shot. I'm sure just calling a customer service rep will get me no where.

Thanks for any help.

ceo at echostar dot com

Never heard of a category B or C or any other letter. Did your local retailer explain what that means?

Yes, accordingly for existing customers that want to upgrade their equipment they fall into one of 3 categories (A/B/C) with A being the best. Which means they charge you less for the equipment and or labor to install. MOST all folks from what I've heard from 2 Dish dealers now, fall into cat. B, which is where I had expected to fall into, the difference between B & C equates to about an additional 100.00 for the Equip/install fees. Not earth shaking to me but I just want to get to the bottom of why a customer that has been solid in the Dish camp for 11 years ends up with the worst upgrade cat. :mad:

The rating is based on a number of factors. How much you spend per month, how well you pay your bills on time, your credit rating and other factors.

With that said though dealers are told not to tell customers what their rating is but instead only tell them what the deal is that Dish has for them.

The rating is based on a number of factors. How much you spend per month, how well you pay your bills on time, your credit rating and other factors.

With that said though dealers are told not to tell customers what their rating is but instead only tell them what the deal is that Dish has for them.

Thanks for the reply Scott. I figured it was based on a number of factors and I am just curious to find out what factor qualified me in the last cat. :confused: We have ALWAYS payed our bill on time (for 11 years) and have always had an 'excellent' credit rating throughout our lives. As far as how much we spend with them, we've always been in the 'middle' package along with (2) receivers. I'd say pretty average. Like I stated earlier, my local dealers employee just signed on (with the basic package only) and he is rated a 'B'.
Oh well, not a real big deal ..... just would like an explanation from Dish to something that makes no sense to me at all. :rolleyes:

Cal the 1-800 number tell them what you want .If the CSR tells you the same thing your local dealer tells you tell that person you want to speak to a supervisor.If the supervisor tells you the same thing thresten to cancell based on the fact you`ve been loyal to and never late for the last 11 years.That might get you somewhere,if not after 11 years you might not be under any contract ,unless you have had a replacement receiver or added equip.in the last 2 years.If you have not you are not under contract ,you can cancell service with them and have someone else in your house sign up for service.You`ll get the free install the equip you want etc.,but you will have to sign on with them for another 2 years.

Cal the 1-800 number tell them what you want .If the CSR tells you the same thing your local dealer tells you tell that person you want to speak to a supervisor.If the supervisor tells you the same thing thresten to cancell based on the fact you`ve been loyal to and never late for the last 11 years.That might get you somewhere,if not after 11 years you might not be under any contract ,unless you have had a replacement receiver or added equip.in the last 2 years.If you have not you are not under contract ,you can cancell service with them and have someone else in your house sign up for service.You`ll get the free install the equip you want etc.,but you will have to sign on with them for another 2 years.

That, would be fraud. Charlie REALLY doesn't like fraud right now. There's about two dozen retailers in the last two months that can attest to that.

Fraud? I'm not sure about that. I'm not saying I'm write but I have my doubts if they consider that fraud. Case in point: when I was re-starting service for my parents the CSR told me one option was to have a new account started under my mom's name instead of using my dad's name, which was on the account originally before they canceled.

Maybe the CSR was just trying to be helpful though.

Fraud? I'm not sure about that. I'm not saying I'm write but I have my doubts if they consider that fraud. Case in point: when I was re-starting service for my parents the CSR told me one option was to have a new account started under my mom's name instead of using my dad's name, which was on the account originally before they canceled.

Maybe the CSR was just trying to be helpful though.

The key is the address! Meaning that if someone living at your address wants to open a Dish Network account, they do not qualify as a new customer as deals are base on "household." However, some have gotten around this (I'm not going to say how) and even some employees and contractors have facilitated this. I'm sorry, but I think that is going too far, in my book. But everyone will do what they chose to do.

It is true that their are many factors that go into the rating, but The REALLY big factor to getting the "A" rating is how much $$$ you send to Charlie each month. I believe Chuck also likes to see that you order PPV, On Demand (or download), have extra channels beyond the AEP, and that you upgrade rather frequently.

I can tell you that as an AEP, with extras and multiple DVR's and the 6 box maximum, I have qualified for the lowest cost on my most recent upgrades (while I seen others I know at the mid-level have to pay quite a bit more looking at their account on the websit), and have been allowed some additional "leeway" or exceptions.

My account actually intimidates CSR's and CEO CSR's:). One exchange with a CEO CSR who had the wrong attitude and refused to believe that my "leased" boxes (incorrectly listed as so by Dish) were those that I truly owned (a common error for Dish), I finally said, "You have my account there in front of you! You know I've never disputed anything on my account and I pay every month . . ." She interrupted me and stammered in fright, "OK, OK, OK!! I will put these boxes as those you own!" She went from being rude to me to sounding spooked by me. I scare myself with how much I send Charlie, but our family really does use it all.

It is true that their are many factors that go into the rating, but The REALLY big factor to getting the "A" rating is how much $$$ you send to Charlie each month. I believe Chuck also likes to see that you order PPV, On Demand (or download), have extra channels beyond the AEP, and that you upgrade rather frequently.

I can tell you that as an AEP, with extras and multiple DVR's and the 6 box maximum, I have qualified for the lowest cost on my most recent upgrades (while I seen others I know at the mid-level have to pay quite a bit more looking at their account on the websit), and have been allowed some additional "leeway" or exceptions.

All good points DishSubLA ..... especially the 'mid-level' statement .... so you can imagine how pi$$ed I was when they told me I was a 'C' level :mad: A solid customer for 11 yrs. / never missed (or late) on payments / always mid level package with (2) receivers. I would not expect 'A' level by any means, but should of been a 'B'. But, as you say, maybe you have to spend $$ for additional optional programs / alot of PPV etc. to which I never have. This is a little contradictory however, as the day I was in the dealership one of his installers 'just' signed up (with entry level package ONLY) and he was already a 'B' ....... hmmmmm???? Mind boggling at best :D

Update;

Well FWIW here's the latest update on my attempt at contacting CEO.

First of all, I must say I am impressed that I actually heard from them, and by phone no less :eek:. A CEO service rep just called me to try to iron out my situation. He stated he could not give me a reason for my cat. 'C' upgrade rating, and he was not privy to all that goes into that decision, but did state that after looking over my account history, he was very surprised that I did not fall into the top category. Oh well ..... he WAS however, in the possition to 'negotiate' the upgrade charges to try to satisfy the situation :rolleyes: In my mind what's the difference?? Changing my rating or just adjusting the equipment up charge on the spot ...... same results!! Other than the next time I want to upgrade I'll have to go through same process again.

Bottom line is we are going to get this 'upgrade' satisfactory on all levels .... I guess Dish ocassionaly still want's to hang onto an existing customer :D

Bunch of Clowns!!!

Well FWIW here's the latest update on my attempt at contacting CEO.

First of all, I must say I am impressed that I actually heard from them, and by phone no less :eek:. A CEO service rep just called me to try to iron out my situation. He stated he could not give me a reason for my cat. 'C' upgrade rating, and he was not privy to all that goes into that decision, but did state that after looking over my account history, he was very surprised that I did not fall into the top category. Oh well ..... he WAS however, in the possition to 'negotiate' the upgrade charges to try to satisfy the situation :rolleyes: In my mind what's the difference?? Changing my rating or just adjusting the equipment up charge on the spot ...... same results!! Other than the next time I want to upgrade I'll have to go through same process again.

Bottom line is we are going to get this 'upgrade' satisfactory on all levels .... I guess Dish ocassionaly still want's to hang onto an existing customer :D

Boy was I premature on that statement!! :mad: The rep left his number for my local installer to call to put together a work order and gee .... guess what ... tried several times and rep will not return call , which was a shame cause you could actually understand this rep over the phone :D Now I'm back to square one, not sure what I'm going to do .... one thing for sure , however, I'm not paying Dish 300.00 in upgrade fees to go HD, I'll jump ship before that! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)