How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This thread has helped hundreds of people getting their discounts, including me.

A big thanks to: jacmyoung

If you are not a AAA member you can still save quite a bit with the Plasma Concepts offer - which gives you a $50 rebate on top of all other DirecTV offers. See the sticky thread at the top of the DirecTV forum.

Help support our sponsors who support our site - and save money too!

This thread has helped hundreds of people getting their discounts, including me.

A big thanks to: jacmyoung

Well thank you!

Here is to hope better deals to come for future new subs. My beef has always been the "upgrade fee" for HDDVRs, they can offer them without upfront fee if they decide to do so. But judging from the recent good sub gains D* is probably not in a hurry to lower that $99 fee.

Is the $50.00 referral discount taken off one month at a time($10.00) for 5 months or is it a one time $50.00 off your first month's bill?

Ijust got this email today
"
Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, welcome to DIRECTV! We hope you enjoy your service and the rewards of participating in the DIRECTV referral program. Your DIRECTV $50 referral credit will be applied in $10 increments over 5 billing cycles. You will see your first $10 credit on your next DIRECTV bill.

Ijust got this email today
"
Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx, welcome to DIRECTV! We hope you enjoy your service and the rewards of participating in the DIRECTV referral program. Your DIRECTV $50 referral credit will be applied in $10 increments over 5 billing cycles. You will see your first $10 credit on your next DIRECTV bill.

They send out a referral notice to let you know it was processed properly anywhere from the day of activation to a few days after. So to make note, don't expect an email until after installation.

Well I thought the email would answer his initial question on if you get it all at once or$10 per month so was trying to be helpfull is all

I signed up for DirecTV today and the install is scheduled for Saturday, May 17th. Everything went ok except I forgot to ask for the $300.00 coupon book. I got the following:

AAA discount-$10.00 x 24 months
New Customer-$18.00 x 12 months
HBO/SHO/Starz-free for 3 months
HDDVR Receiver-$99.00 plus tax and shipping
Referral discount-$10.00 x 5 months

Thanks to all for the information and help.

Made the Jump

Thanks to all of you who shared the info about what you got;

Here is mine

AAA discount 10 a month off for 2 years
Standard 18 a month off for a 1 year
HBO/Starz/Showtime free for 3 months
2 SD DVRs for FREE
I did have to pay 19.95 S+H

I am installed as of Saturday and so far:

Very happy with picture quality, I gave up several channels that I will not see on Direct (superstation package), I am having a hassle getting a CW channel since the local on is only on cable so they think I have to get a wavier (makes no sense since channel does not broadcast over the air).

Even if I had not gotten these discounts the decision to switch was justified in the differences in CSR service. While I am unhappy with not getting a CW channel, the CSR was clear and concise in his explanation as to why.

On the other hand I call Dish to cancel my service and of course I get a CSR from India who makes sure that my last dealings with Dish are frustrating one as she "could not find the package I wished to add" so I hung up on her and tried again.

In typical Dish fashion a simple transaction winds up taking 25 minutes as the second CSR (again India) kept trying to talk me into staying despite my telling them that the Dish dish was taken down and the receivers offline.

I finally got transferred to the "save the customer" professional who I will give credit asked why I was leaving and when I did simply said I understand and acknowledged that there was nothing he could offer me that would change things.

He thanked me for my service and promised (taken with grain of salt) that why they lost one of their original customers (May 1996) would be sent up the ladder.

For me these discounts are great but the service I did not get from Dish is why I left.

Now could someone explain what I have to do in order to collect the 18 bucks a month from Direct please?

Now could someone explain what I have to do in order to collect the 18 bucks a month from Direct please?

On DirecTV.com click on Customer Service then Rebate Center. You will enter your DTV Acct# and Zip Code and it should show the rebates you are eligible to apply for. Just click the Submit Online button and confirm your account info.

Just an update, learned from another thread that the HDDVR price just dropped another $100, now the price is $99. Which means when you call please ask for free HDDVRs after the instant rebate.

It is possible with the price drop they may discontinue the $100 instant rebate but since I have predicted some time ago we would see free HDDVR for new subs in the second quarter, please guys try to prove me right!

For those of you just ordered but not installed yet, you can still call back and ask to get the new pricing.

Just an update, learned from another thread that the HDDVR price just dropped another $100, now the price is $99. Which means when you call please ask for free HDDVRs after the instant rebate.

It is possible with the price drop they may discontinue the $100 instant rebate but since I have predicted some time ago we would see free HDDVR for new subs in the second quarter, please guys try to prove me right!

For those of you just ordered but not installed yet, you can still call back and ask
to get the new pricing.

I just signed up recently and my install is scheduled for this Saturday, May 17th. I called DirecTV to ask for the new pricing and they said they don't know anything about the new pricing on the HDDVR. Can this be verified in some way? Thanks.

The Voom situation I'm feeling is finally pushing me over the edge and I'm looking at D* now. I'm an original E* sub also, so while I'm very familiar with their equipment and service I have very little knowledge of what D* offers (hardware/price wise).

I'm looking to get a HD package and HD-DVR. I have two HDTVs in my house and I wonder if they offer multi-room or shared DVR like the 622 / 722 will do. I used to have the Platinum pack with E* but I noticed I wasn't watching HBO/Starz/Show/Cinemax that often, so i dropped down to top 250, plus locals and (RSNs) and then found out about and added 1 penny Cinemax, I also have my OTA antenna hooked up to the 622.

What is the best deal I can get? And what will I be missing or gaining, I know the overall HD offering is better on D* and even more so now that E* has NOTHING unique to offer! The 622/722 was a great receiver and I hate to give it up, but I'm strongly considering it.

Thanks for your advice / help in advance. Also free free to PM if you have some "Club Dish" equivalent.

The Voom situation I'm feeling is finally pushing me over the edge and I'm looking at D* now. I'm an original E* sub also, so while I'm very familiar with their equipment and service I have very little knowledge of what D* offers (hardware/price wise).

I'm looking to get a HD package and HD-DVR. I have two HDTVs in my house and I wonder if they offer multi-room or shared DVR like the 622 / 722 will do. I used to have the Platinum pack with E* but I noticed I wasn't watching HBO/Starz/Show/Cinemax that often, so i dropped down to top 250, plus locals and (RSNs) and then found out about and added 1 penny Cinemax, I also have my OTA antenna hooked up to the 622.

What is the best deal I can get? And what will I be missing or gaining, I know the overall HD offering is better on D* and even more so now that E* has NOTHING unique to offer! The 622/722 was a great receiver and I hate to give it up, but I'm strongly considering it.

Thanks for your advice / help in advance. Also free free to PM if you have some "Club Dish" equivalent.

I know this may sound strange, my suggestion is let it cool off for awhile before making your final decision, not trying to discourage you to go D* at all, but if DISH adds all HDs and give you the $30 deal, while E* will have no unique programming, if it fits your needs, why switch?

On the other hand, use this cooling off period to read on the D* forums, you will learn a great deal of what D* HDDVRs can do. They are actually very good IMHO. I don't miss my 622s much in fact am enjoying some very nice features such as D* VOD and remote booking, that my 622s did not have.

Dish said more HD in 2 weeks. If you've had them for all those years, I'd hold out the couple weeks and see what they do.

That said, D* has a nice outside-the-box feature set (VOD, remote scheduling, sports programming, etc). E* has a better inside-the-box (receivers).

Thanks Meathead I followed your instructions and was able to process the rebate for the 18 bucks a month,

Could you correct me if I am wrong as I am led to believe I am going to be set a different form in the mail for the AAA 10 dollars a month along with the coupon book?

The installer had little information as to those 2.

And MEMO to those thinking of changing: Right off the bat without receiving my rebates I have basically the same channels and have already saved myself 18 dollars a month thanks to the free premiums for 3 months,

When all is said and done instead of paying 92.98 a month I am going to be paying 64.98 a month for the first year then 82.98 a month for the second.

I have 2 DVRS for free a newer wiring job and to be brutally honest I deal with CSRs who understand English without screwing up every other second.

The folks who contribute to this thread should stand up and take a bow for the help they have given others

abricko

As someone who was in your shoes the number one question I suggest you ask yourself is what has Dish done to keep you as a customer when you add up all those dollars you have spent over the years.

Ask yourself if you can trust Dish to get their act together when they make promise after promise then forget to deliver.

Ask yourself when you see all the goodies given to the new customers where is yours?

When you ask questions is the response "I do not know"?

When I read that Dish saw an 89% drop in new customer growth I wondered what about old customers leaving? Ask yourself is it worth wondering about your provider and what they will pull next?

What Dish did with Voom is typical, they get into a dispute with someone (which it seems to be almost a monthly thing) and then the customer has to get caught in the middle.

What Direct did here with AAA says a lot because AAA is not going to risk their own good rep by making bad deals. AAA is something I have had for 25 years and never once have I seen them involve their subscribers on something that stunk.

Ask yourself whether you want to save some money or spend more on aspirin?

Sirpaws, your AAA discount should show up on your first bill, if not call to ask, it is not a rebate. If you followed my instructions you should have verified all the discount codes before installation.

As far as DISH, I switched from DISH over three months ago, honestly if I am in the shoes of some of the DISH subs today, I would wait a little longer as Masterdeals said also. Don't let your impulse color your view and impact your long term prospect of HD entertainment. VOOM's removal was unfortunate but was out of necessacity.

On the other hand make sure you research the DirecTV HDDVRs and compared them to your 622/722s in as an objective fashion as possible, know what you are getting into, often times what was perceived as major downside may not be an issue for you, what espects you never hear may end up get you into trouble.

We say so as DirecTV subs, because we are responsible people:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts