How to get audio from VIP 612 to computer speaker?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chong67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Jonesboro
I have a nice computer speaker that has 3.5mm as the input.

I have the VIP 612 HD receiver.

Can I get audio to my computer speakers?

The receiver will not drive the speakers directly. You will need an amplifier to get them to work.

1. Get a two Male RCA to female 3.5 mm adapter right?

2. Will I get true L and R audio or I get same volume from both the speaker?

3. My computer speaker got the Power gain knob , that will amplify the signal right?

4. What are the things I need to do digital audio and the back of the 612 got it.

Yes, you can go from the red/white analog output of a 612 to the input of amplified computer speakers.

There are two digital audio outputs on the back of the 612. The HDMI output, which some folks feed to a surround sound receiver before going on to the TV, and the optical SPDIF jack. I've seen a few computer speakers that can accept SPDIF optical. If yours can, then just buy a toslink fiber cable and you're done. Otherwise, that too will probably need to get fed to a surround sound receiver via fiber cable.

I think I want to the cheap route. I will just do the RCA and I will running it thru a 25 ft cable to the computer speaker. I wonder if I will get any signal loss.

It will separate the audio to L & R, I hope.

If you have a HDTV just use the audio out from the TV. That is what I do since I have creative speakers hooked up to my TV. Hooking up from the 612 causes a echo effect when I have the sound from the TV speakers on at the same time.

I bought a RCA switch for a few bucks that I use as an input selector for my computer speakers. I have the computer wired to one input and the ViP722 wired into the other using one of those adapter cables mentioned above. That way you can just press a button when you want to switch sound on your speakers.

I also have some other more involved cables/switches going on - but for simplicity sake I'll keep it at that. The options are there if you want to get it eaiser to use. Try www.monoprice.com for parts, as they have good quality and great prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)