How to get local channels on my dish tv sstem from another locale?

dmoely

Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
JUST WHAT LOCAL SIGNALS CAN I POSSIBLE GET AND FROM WHERE?

This question has two parts:
1. I live in Stevensville, MI (area code 49127). My son lives in Cincinnati, OH. Is there any technical way to have my dish system INSTALLED AND SET UP so that I could get his local channels from Cincinnati?

2. A Tech adviser from Dist TV just told me they'd have to technically check, even if it was possible to tune my system in Stevensville to receive the Cincinnati locals, if the beam of signal for the Syndicate local channels has a wide enough spread to even be by a Dish in Stevensville.

FINALLY THEN, DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS such as 1) what's the best way to achieve this
2) will the beam of those Cincinnati locals even reach my dish in Stevensville, MI

Thanks for any help you may have for this problem.

1) what's the best way to achieve this

Move to the Cincinnati.

2) will the beam of those Cincinnati locals even reach my dish in Stevensville, MI

No, the spotbeam they are on (Echo X s10) is is pointed nowhere near Stevensville, MI.

I suggest getting used to the South Bend locals.

Except maybe for the Bengals games I can't understand why anyone outside Cincinnati would want to get the Cincinnati stations. Those of us that are in the Cincinnati DMA are constantly complaining to the stations about the way they pre-empt network shows (including first run). And as for HD, forget Cincinnati. On another board this morning several of us were complaining about how a lot of the network HD shows are not shown in HD in the Cincinnati market because the local stations switch their DT feed to SD to show weather warning and news scrolls.

I also have been trying to receive spot beam 26 in the Phoenix area to get the Boaton locals. It seens I can get no higher than 40% signal strength on spot 26. Does this mean that there is a chance using a larger dish to increase the gain. I am tempted to buy the fortec 36" dish and see if that helps.

Spot beams do not go that much farther out than the area they are designed to cover. I am along the NE border of PA and I cannot get them here. There is no way you would EVER see them in Arizona. Check the spotbeam listing again as you may be just outside another set of locals on that spotbeam you are attempting to get.

Last edited:
I have a customer that is in the Charleston, DMA but is tree'ed out for 129. She wants New York NBC. How can one go about this to get this channel in? She can see the 119 satellite. How do you guys change the physical address so that someone can get those networks?

I loked at the spotbeam 26 map and it looks like the closest one is on the northen edge of arizona. Looks like its about 250 mi away. Thanks for the input.

Is 250 miles from the edge of a spotbeam too far to receive it. Looking at the spotbeam 26 coverage map there is one that touches northern arizona. That is about 250 mile from where I am trying to receive it.
Thanks for your input

Is this really that hard to understand that all one needs to do is to get the HD LIL off any market on 129W or 61.5W - as they are Conus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)