How to return a leased receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Izzy_Asper_Sucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I have a leased HR20 that I think is flaky, I'd like to deactivate it and replace it with a new receiver. My problem is I'm geographically challenged and I can't call d* to send someone out to swap stbs. Can anyone recommend the correct process for returning the defective stb to D*.

Thanks

i have wondered the same thing. your account must have a billing address which a return package will be sent to if you want to send back a leased reciever. assumming you know the person living at that billing address you should proabably ship the reciever to them around the same time you request the return pack and have them ship the reciever back for you.

If you dont know the person living at your billing address things will be much more difficult. If anyone has an easier way please let me know

If I had any idea what you're talking about I might be able to help you!!!!

Hmmm, my guess is that you are outside of the US.

Simple, he has been doing something he wasn't supposed to, like using an address where he doesn't live to get service he isn't entitled to. Now that he has a problem with his equipment, he is sol! Reap and sow!

The above posts may be true, but I've been trying to return an basic box to DTV for a couple of weeks now. Twice they say they were shipping a "return kit" to me for this purpose and I still haven't received it. There is NO screwing around with addresses. I just had the system hooked up 5 weeks ago and decided I didn't want one of the 4 boxes they installed. Each time I've talked with DTV, there has been no argument about my request and both times they said a return kit would be sent ASAP. As to whether I'm still being charged for the $5 per month for this box I don't want, I don't know at this time.

The above posts may be true, but I've been trying to return an basic box to DTV for a couple of weeks now. Twice they say they were shipping a "return kit" to me for this purpose and I still haven't received it. There is NO screwing around with addresses. I just had the system hooked up 5 weeks ago and decided I didn't want one of the 4 boxes they installed. Each time I've talked with DTV, there has been no argument about my request and both times they said a return kit would be sent ASAP. As to whether I'm still being charged for the $5 per month for this box I don't want, I don't know at this time.

Now, I replaced two D11 standard receivers with a Dtivo and Ultimate TV they were to send me two boxes. I only called in once, and it took almost 2 months before the boxes showed up via fedex.

Now, I replaced two D11 standard receivers with a Dtivo and Ultimate TV they were to send me two boxes. I only called in once, and it took almost 2 months before the boxes showed up via fedex.

That's amazing! The first time I called they told me that they were going to FedEX the return kit within 2 days. Did you have any issues about paying subscription fees on the boxes while you were waiting for the return kit?

The second time I called, they gave me a "reference" number that I promptly lost. I guess if I don't receive the box by the end of this week, I will call again, get a NEW reference number, write it down and tape it to the DTV receiver, put it on my spare parts shelf and then wait as long as DTV wants (as long as I don't get dinged $5 a month.

Keep calling. They will get you a box eventually. It does take more than one call sometimes. I guess it is kind of like playing csr roulette.

Finally got my "return kit" yesterday after waiting about weeks. I'm now officially down to a 3 unit setup. I'm sharing one unit with 2 HD TV's, the longer run getting served by a 30' HDMI cable and the short run by the DTV box getting a component hookup. Works great and saves $5 a month. In 10 years, I'll save $600 after tax dollars.

However, there is the cost of the HDMI cable ($40) plus the cost of an additional remote plus my room to room $40 Radio Shack IR-RF-IR box. On the other side of the coin, I didn't have to pay DTV an additional $99 for another HD box.

That's amazing! The first time I called they told me that they were going to FedEX the return kit within 2 days. Did you have any issues about paying subscription fees on the boxes while you were waiting for the return kit?

The second time I called, they gave me a "reference" number that I promptly lost. I guess if I don't receive the box by the end of this week, I will call again, get a NEW reference number, write it down and tape it to the DTV receiver, put it on my spare parts shelf and then wait as long as DTV wants (as long as I don't get dinged $5 a month.

I got a call about a month after i orginally called and told them hey i never recieved any boxes they said no problem we get ones out to you asp you should have them in a couple of days. Next thing you know it another 3+ weeks pushing the 2nd month and they finally show up.

If they don't receive it, they won't charge you $4.99 per month, they will charge $400 non-return fee. When I deactivated one receiver, the return kit didn't arrive for a few weeks and I took it to Fed Ex the next day. The next day the non-return fee showed up on my bill and but it was removed two days later after they logged in the return.

DTV uses a 3rd party that is based out of Memphis Tn to handle all shipping and returning of receivers. so when you call DTV they set up a replacement kit to be sent out via this 3rd party company. only problem is (i think its been fix somewhat) was the communication between the 2...

Hmm my understanding is that they 3rd party had limited access in the *** billing system to mark on customer records when a recovery kit box was shiped and the tracking number on it.

i think when you talk to a dtv rep, they do whatever they do to the account to notate "swap" out a receiver and only that info is sent to the 3rd party. I dont know how it is done actually. I deliver and Pickup alot of dtv receivers for residence and a local dtv dealer almost every day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts