how to upgrade my R15 DVR to SWM switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I canceledd my Directv service last week, only to get a call back from the retention department to offer me all kinds of incentives.

They also scheduled a service call to check out my Dish (it doesn't get internationals anymore).

Does anyone know how I can request to swap out the multiswitch I have to a SWM version? Also I need to swap out out R15 DVR to a compatible one?

I don't want another 2-year contract due to equipment upgrade!

Your thread title is misleading. Your question is how to swap out the R15 to one that is SWM compatible and get an SWM dish as well. Not going to happen without a commitment.

Actually my R15 erased all the shows on the hard drive about 2 weeks ago. Does that qualify as 'defective receiver' that's eligble for swapout (to another model that's SWM compatible?)

I don't know if that qualifies for a receiver swap. If it does, they may just send another R15. I also believe that existing customers aren't elegible for the SWM. And new customers have to have an order that requires 5 or more tuners.

If you have protection plan, you could probably get a new SWM compatable receiver if the installer who comes to your house has one on his truck. You'll still have to pay probably close to $120 or more depending on how you obtain your SWM system, be it for labor or just for the equipment.

Keep in mind, there is a little bit more to SWM than just a new "switch". You have to have a new SWM LNB, and a new SWM splitter which requires a power pack to power the SWM LNB. If youre dead set on it, either way, youre going to be paying some money some way some how.

Also, if your standard receivers arent d-12's or better, those wont work either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)