How To Use 622 In Our Rv

fz5j2r

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
We recently purchased a travel trailer and want to take our 622 with us on vacation. I have an extra dish to use on a tripod. We used to travel full time so we had a permanent RV account.

What is the procedure now if you own a house and want to use your Dish equipment in a recreational vehicle?

Do I have to advise Dish that we are going to do this?

Will we have to pay for another account?

My guess is yes you will have to at least make them aware, if for no other reason than to maybe have them disable the "no phone line connected" nag that I hear is there.

Last edited:
Just push the button every time the nag popup appears, and pay the $5 for not being connected.

And be sure that portable dish array you take with you gets all the appropriate sats.

We take two receivers with us all the time, we have two HDTV's in the RV, I just setup the dish 500 to hit 119 and 129, no problems. I do not take our 622's with us in fear the boucing around in the Rv will damage the hard drive but if I was going full time, I sure would give it a try.

If I am in a hurry, I have better luck with a dish 300 hitting 119, but if I am going longer than a weekend, I get the 500 out and go that route. You can call them if you are going to be at a location for an extended time and get locals for that location.

We take our 508 PVR with us camping. We just remove it from the house and use a 24" single LNB dish on a tripod in the trailer. We'll be getting the DNS Networks from All American Direct this spring when we hit the road.

The 622 stays at home. We might end up getting a 211 for the trailer since we just upgraded to a 23" HDTV in the trailer, although to get the HD channels requires too many satellites to easily aim when camping (we have a DISH 1000+ at home and right now, our HD Locals are on 118 and not Spotbeamed.

But we have not told DISH about the trailer, per-se, although we used to have the RV Waiver provided to them to get the Network channels.

Cheapest way to get HBO and Cinemax

sorry, another move question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)