HR10-250 and Off-Air Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
None of you are very far away for the signals you are trying to receive.

Most of these antennas generally will allow signals from at least 60 miles.

Jimbo

i had the HR10-250 installed last Friday along with the directv supplied OTA antenna. I'm only 15-16 miles from the Miami antenna farm. The directv supplied antenna is a UHF only antenna, but FOX & ABC are VHF so no go with them. they insisted on sending out a tech today to try to adjust it but the tech didn't understand one word of English and i don't understand Spanish :confused: But I did get Directv to give me a $50.00 credit for the antenna and a $20.00 credit for the tech who showed up 3 hours late - Guess I'll have to try another antenna...

johnml said:
i had the HR10-250 installed last Friday along with the directv supplied OTA antenna. I'm only 15-16 miles from the Miami antenna farm. The directv supplied antenna is a UHF only antenna, but FOX & ABC are VHF so no go with them. they insisted on sending out a tech today to try to adjust it but the tech didn't understand one word of English and i don't understand Spanish :confused: But I did get Directv to give me a $50.00 credit for the antenna and a $20.00 credit for the tech who showed up 3 hours late - Guess I'll have to try another antenna...

Well it sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
Generally the antenna D* offers is junk.

Go to antennaweb.org if you have not yet, see what they recemmend, looks like you have signals on the UHF and VHF as well, so I would get a antenna that does both.
Your loxcation from the towers are minimal so you don't need one that goes like 90 miles, but 40-60 would be good, more than you may need, but if you decide to use a rotor you can move it around to optimize your signal and also should be able to get stations from a bit farther away as well.
I was actually looking at the Miami stations because there was a lot more available than FT. Lauderdale.

The 50 that D* gave you should cover the cost or at least close.

Hope this helps.

Jimbo

because i went through so much trouble today with the tech who didnt understand one word of English the directv CSR is going to send them out next friday and put on the ticket to install a UHF/VHF ( at no additional cost ) so i'll wat till then, then if no luck i'll but the channel master at lowes for $33.00 which is what one of the antenna sites recommended ( small multidirectional antenna ) thanks -

johnml said:
because i went through so much trouble today with the tech who didnt understand one word of English the directv CSR is going to send them out next friday and put on the ticket to install a UHF/VHF ( at no additional cost ) so i'll wat till then, then if no luck i'll but the channel master at lowes for $33.00 which is what one of the antenna sites recommended ( small multidirectional antenna ) thanks -

I would have the channel master up by then and have them credit you more money, the Channel Master will be better than what they will be placing.

Did they say what they would be placing ?

I think I would at least purchase the one you were looking at, and put it together, and have them put that one up when they get there, IF they are similar in size....
As I mentioned previously, the ones they place are usually junk

Jimbo

I hear ya ! I already received credit for the original cost, so i don't think I'll get any more. I really cant believe the installer will actually bring a different antenna - Although the installer that came today didn't understand one word of English and I didn't understand one word of Spanish( he had to call his office for a translator ) I don't think he even knew the difference between UHF & VHF

Your right. i think the Channelmaster is the way to go...

In Miami English only works as a second language. Went through security at MIA a while back and this kid went through in front of me with a hawaiian sling spear gun. I asked the security person about the guy with the spear gun and she motioned she did not understand any english. When I got to my plane just asked our flight attendant if this guy had gotten on our plane. I happened to be the pilot that day but I have had fingernail clippers taken away from my crew.

that is so true - i actually live in Broward county and the Miami bug is spreading north - i give it another 10 years and broward county will be a Spanish language only place too !

Jimbos said:
None of you are very far away for the signals you are trying to receive.

Most of these antennas generally will allow signals from at least 60 miles.

Jimbo

Depends upon where you put it. I intentionally overdid it because it's mounted in the rafters of the garage and has to get a signal thru a wall. I did a little research and heard a few problems with garage attic mounts, so I adjusted accordingly.

mechman

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)