Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 {CE:09:04} - 0x19A

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; September 14, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; September 15, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Download Probability: 70%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of 0x18a National Release)
  • Items from CE:09:01
  • Items from CE:09:02
  • Items from CE:09:03
  • Items from CE:09:04

Improved
  • Prioritizer Screen
  • Navigation to PIG (Picture In Graphics) removed. (Trick Play Still works), to improve interfacing with UI
  • Stability
  • Several user interface polishing and fixes based on CE reports
  • DoD: Misc. Reported issues fixed
  • DoD: Performance improvement
  • User interface polishing
  • DoD UI: Restored CHANNEL UP/DOWN in the Homepage Left Menu.
  • DoD UI: Homepage "tuning" fix for consistent prevs channel
  • DoD UI: Added “On Demand” to quick menu after “My Playlist”
  • DoD UI: UI Polishing/fixes
  • Caller ID (no specifics on what)
  • UPnP issue that certain networked Cameras could crash the box.
  • A plethora of fixes to issues identifed in the previous CE's

Updated
  • History list now includes conflicting program
  • Unwatchable content is no longer kept in the disk

New feature(s)
  • Keyword search finds category (eg HDTV or sports)
  • [STRIKE]Caller ID for Type 2 (aka Call Waiting, off-hook, ect); Caller id reverted to 0x18a version[/strike]
  • Start/resume to manual
  • Left arrow mimics "BACK" when practical
  • Long channel name in search by channel
  • [strike]Ability to hide SD channels if duplicate HD channel with same number exists[/strike]
  • Support for Remote Booking

Notes
  • There are other misc. updates in the release
  • GUIDE DATA WILL NOT BE CACHED they are enhancing pieces of the guide data, which means you WILL LOSE your guide data after the install. It will repopulate over the next 20-24 hours. This is only valid if you are comming from 0x18a, if you are on 0x19* you are not expected to lose your guide cache
  • DoD GUID DATA will most likely be lost after you reboot the system.
  • This is the fourth CE in the cycle... So the risk level is lower then the previous ones, but there is still a risk involved. Please only download this CE release if you are willing to take that risk

Last edited:
Note, this notification doesn't have the disclaimer about the DoD/Vod backdoor enable code not being in it. It doesn't say that it in it either but just to be safe if you missed the last DoD enablment chance you might just want to do this one in case they do allow for DoD enablement again. I don't have any inside info on this, just pointing it out.

ok great...looking forward to trying this out for the first time and really hoping the DOD is enabled for me since i didn't get in the first time around.

Note, this notification doesn't have the disclaimer about the DoD/Vod backdoor enable code not being in it. It doesn't say that it in it either but just to be safe if you missed the last DoD enablment chance you might just want to do this one in case they do allow for DoD enablement again. I don't have any inside info on this, just pointing it out.

In my experience, EB doesn't make omissions/inclusions like that on accident. Time will tell.

I guess DOD is like "beauty in the eye of the beholder". A couple of friends of mine that had comcast when they first rolled out VOD, said it was a "cool" novelty for a while, but really did not server a purpose for them since they had a DVR.

To me I would think that if I had DOD, I would think the same thing. It would be cool to mess with, but if I have a season pass set up on my DVR for the shows I want to watch, what's the point? Unless my DVR for some reason missed a recording.

I guess this is a sidebar issue. My sofware went from 0197 to 018a. What is the latest?

Last edited:
NR after CE?

I was thinking about trying out the CE tonight and testing it out. However I have one question.

I have a busy work schedule and may not have time to get the next CE, will my reciever automatically go to the next NR when they release it?

for example, if I do this CE and none others will my reciever still update automatically with the latest NR in the future, or do I have to do them manually from here on out?

Thanks

It will go National Release as long as it is newer then the CE you have. So no worries. You can force tonight and it will automatically go to NR cycle.

I guess DOD is like "beauty in the eye of the beholder". A couple of friends of mine that had comcast when they first rolled out VOD, said it was a "cool" novelty for a while, but really did not server a purpose for them since they had a DVR.

To me I would think that if I had DOD, I would think the same thing. It would be cool to mess with, but if I have a season pass set up on my DVR for the shows I want to watch, what's the point? Unless my DVR for some reason missed a recording.

I agree Joe.
I really don't have a desire to have DOD, but went ahead and hooked up the computer to get it anyway... Something about , I don't want to miss out on something that I MIGHT like and then not have it if I want to try it.

I probably won't use it once there are charges attached to it. I have yet to order a PPV either.

Jimbo

I agree Joe.
I really don't have a desire to have DOD, but went ahead and hooked up the computer to get it anyway... Something about , I don't want to miss out on something that I MIGHT like and then not have it if I want to try it.

I probably won't use it once there are charges attached to it. I have yet to order a PPV either.

Jimbo

I am all for trying it out just to see it, but I imagine that I will not use it if there are any costs attached to it. I only know one person who had VOD with a cable company and uses it regularly.

I am all for trying it out just to see it, but I imagine that I will not use it if there are any costs attached to it. I only know one person who had VOD with a cable company and uses it regularly.

Joe,
I finally broke down and bought a Wireless Ethernet adapter and have mine up and running now.

Still no Engeneering Code on my statement, so I don't know if it actually works the way it's suppose to.

Jimbo

Joe,
I finally broke down and bought a Wireless Ethernet adapter and have mine up and running now.

Still no Engeneering Code on my statement, so I don't know if it actually works the way it's suppose to.

Jimbo

Cool. Now that you have it networked thats when the code will show. Not exactly sure their formula or timing but getting it networked and on the net is step 1. :cool:

I don't know if it will have any effect on tonight's C/E download or not...but transponder 11 on 103(b) has lit up again...what to do C/E or watch sig. in
hopes of new H/D??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts