HR20 channel change probs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deepdishchad

Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
North Carolina
Background: I have an HR20 that is fed by two coax via an 8x multiswitch. Signal strength is optimal on both lines.

Recently, I'm encountering a strange phenomenon when changing channels when one of the tuners is recording. I'll push the channel-up button twice and it will start to change as though it is going up two channels, but then suddenly it will go down a channel or two (it's never the same).

In other words, I'm on 229 and want to get to 235. I start pushing channel-up and the channels start to change. I'll get the info screen (meaning what you get while the dvr locks onto the signal) for 230, 231, 232, 233, then suddenly the dvr will jump on its own back to 231 and lock onto the signal. 232, 233, 234, 232, 233 234, 235, 233, 234, 235 is a very common sequence even though I pushed the channel-up button each time.

...and again, it only happens when one of the tuners is recording. When the record light is off, I have no troubles chaning channels.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else encountered this?

Are those intervening channels selected in the guide you're using?
If not, then what you see is very possible. The unit goes to the next channel that is in the guide. Since you have an HR20, try out the new quick tune feature. Press the up arrow and enter you most use channels in the 3x3 grid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts