Systems in this CE
HR20-700
HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-200 • HR23-700
R22-200

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, February 13, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

The Contents of this CE Download: (Differences based on last National Release)
  • Items from CE:19:01 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:19:02 Moderate Risk

New features
  • 02 - New System Test and Info Screen
  • 02 - {FORMAT} button enabled while playing 1080p content

Improved/Updated
  • 01 - Recording robustness
  • 01 - Support for more actors in programs
  • 01 - Video issues playing back 1080p content at lower resolutions.
  • 01 - Audio drops/out of synch after using trickplay and jumping to bookmarks on MPEG4 HD channels.
  • 01 - Mediashare:
    • Issues with only 1 photo in the photo playlist.
    • Incorrect duration for large audio files.
    • Other Mediashare fixes/tweaks.
  • 01 - Misc. UI fixes/tweaks
  • 01 - XM channels:
    • Loss of background image
    • No music info when exiting screensaver
  • 02 - Corrected missing HD icon in My Playlist
  • 02 - Improved HD icon with manual recordings
  • 02 - Improved consecutive channel ups
  • 02 - MediaShare: Fixed aspect ratio
  • 02 - MediaShare: Improved Trick Play bar
  • 02 - Improved stability with interactive channels

Notes
  • You will lose you guide cache when going between national and this release
  • When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number
  • Please make sure to first attempt to tune to an OTA channel before running an OTA signal strength system test

The HR21/23-100 series had a special release last night.

EDIT: The HR21/23-100 series is having a release tonight, it is the same as last night, in case anyone missed it.

The HR20-100 is no release at this point.

Last edited:
Screen Caps:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 233
Interesting. My box does not show SWM firmware or SWM library in the More System Info. I don't have a SWM LNB or multiswitch, so I guess it doesn't bother with SWM software.

Interactive weather (red button on SD Weather Channel) is a little confused. Takes a long time to come up after pressing the red button and background image is missing. BUT, it changes screens within the application a lot faster.

Active button shows background but takes longer to load data. Response on What's Hot is a little faster than before. Switching to weather, horoscope or lottery takes longer than before and loses screen background. Response within each is faster.

Local on the 8's took a long time to kick in, even after retuning and staying on the channel 10 minutes beforehand. First couple of screens showed without background, then it went completely black (muzak is still playing on audio). Video did not return after the segment ended, even under the guide button. After exiting guide the generic guide/menu background is still showing (the channel banner briefly showed at the top). Changing the channel has not changed the video, not even when going from SD to HD. (Edit: The video mode changed to 1080i but it is still the generic background, now in HD.)

HR21-700, sending report #20090214-1FE0. We seem to be a long way from a release candidate. (Edit: 30 minutes later it still says it's sending the report. I'll let it go a whole hour before I RBR.)

Last edited:
Ok, the report finally sent (or maybe the box gave up on it without complaining) and I did an RBR. The Local on the 8's issue is repeatable. This time the background was the D* logo in the center from startup. The background remained on TWC after the 8's segment ended, but I got video back when I tuned a different channel. Sorry, I'm not sending another report after it took so long. :)

I downloaded late last night to my HR20-700... had pixalation problems on A&E and the Nascar Hotpass HD Channels when I turned on a little while ago...just went back to the HT room and it rebooted... when it comes back I'll check sw version...

HR20-700 # 20090214-2F13

Actually needed to roll back to NR due to this!

I noticed a messed-up OTA channel (WTNH-DT 8-1 was missing), so wanted to re-do my OTA setup.

Removed old setup fine.

Searching for the primary market ( 06468 ) completely hung. Left it running several different times. Cancelling out left a blank blue screen with no text. RBR only resolution

I also had an HR20-700 freeze after doing OTA setup. After RBR the setup/zip code I entered was programmed right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts