HTC EVO 4G review

Still stuck on my hardware keyboard ;) No 4G here...hell they don't even have their own 3G here (they lease it from Alltel towers) and no 3G in the next city from me.

I'll have to go play with one in the store when they come out though.

Good write up, but as Verizon says, "Its the Network." and around here Sprint is probably the 2nd worst network available (behind T-Mobile.)

Doesn't matter....IMO Sprint shot themselves in the foot AGAIN anyway, its widely known that Sprint is the value carrier, and them adding the 10.00 fee at the last minute is gonna sour it for a LOT of folks. ESPECIALLY after El Presidente Hesse PROMISED he wasn't....I know I won't be paying full retail for one, in any case.

And I am with you T, a physical keyboard is starting to be a MUST. :)

Sprint so far for me Rocks! Cant beat the SERO plans their prices are good and I have 3G here with them so thats not a issues. As far as 4G Sprint I think already has it in 25 Markets more than anyone so their getting it out there.

I'm sure you already know this but the Sprint SERO plans(legacy ones) and other legacy plans do not allow Android and WebOS phones to be activated on them. The best phone you can get on those are the HTC TP2.

you guys see yourselves eventually leaving those sero plans?

Hell no... ;) After you look at the cost to simply carry Android in my pocket for a year it makes me think twice. If they kicked me off the plan they can kill my account.

I just renewed my SERO plan for another two years with my new Sprint Overdrive WIFI hotspot. Works GREAT!

Wow! didn't know they allowed that device.

you guys see yourselves eventually leaving those sero plans?

No. They can't make you change your plan as long as your plan already includes data so forth. So if I went out and got one of the new EVO's for me and my wife I could keep my current SERO plans just agree to keep my plan for another 2yrs and pay the $200 is all or $400 for 2.

No. They can't make you change your plan as long as your plan already includes data so forth. So if I went out and got one of the new EVO's for me and my wife I could keep my current SERO plans just agree to keep my plan for another 2yrs and pay the $200 is all or $400 for 2.
nice! i wish i would've been around when those sero plans were available.

You must have the non-legacy SERO plans then. It's a widely known fact that on the $30 SERO 500 plan you can not activate any Android or WebOS phone on that plan. They made it physically impossible.

You must have the non-legacy SERO plans then. It's a widely known fact that on the $30 SERO 500 plan you can not activate any Android or WebOS phone on that plan. They made it physically impossible.
Yep...the same goes for the Blackberry. SERO customers will get moved into a Sprint Everything Plus Referral Program plan starting at $59.99. That's why I still have my 2 1/2 years old Sprint Mogul.

Yep...the same goes for the Blackberry. SERO customers will get moved into a Sprint Everything Plus Referral Program plan starting at $59.99. That's why I still have my 2 1/2 years old Sprint Mogul.

I have heard of people getting the BIS added for free on the $30 SERO. But yes, that's why I'm hanging on to my HTC TouchPro2. Great phone...it's WinMo but I love the keyboard and beautiful screen. Love the mobile hot spot on it too ;)

I have heard of people getting the BIS added for free on the $30 SERO. But yes, that's why I'm hanging on to my HTC TouchPro2. Great phone...it's WinMo but I love the keyboard and beautiful screen. Love the mobile hot spot on it too ;)
I would replace the Mogul with a HTC TP2, but I have been waiting 8-months for the price to drop.

Hmm not for sure on that.. I have that plan and it has the same data coverage so forth like all the other plans. Again as long as its a data plan they can not make you change your plan it being a Android or WebOS does not matter or what kind of hardware it is. I never had to change plans due to changing out hardware it all comes down to what your plan includes which is data and unlimited data on one plan the same on all. Anyway this is the way I understood it when I spoke to the last Rep.. I will check again on this due to it seems folks are getting told different things but I think the FCC set some guide lines on this as well as far as what the carriers can do with folks plans. I could be wrong but will look into it..

Last edited:
Hmm not for sure on that.. I have that plan and it has the same data coverage so forth like all the other plans. Again as long as its a data plan they can not make you change your plan it being a Android or WebOS does not matter or what kind of hardware it is. I never had to change plans due to changing out hardware it all comes down to what your plan includes which is data and unlimited data on one plan the same on all. Anyway this is the way I understood it when I spoke to the last Rep.. I will check again on this due to it seems folks are getting told different things but I think the FCC set some guide lines on this as well as far as what the carriers can do with folks plans. I could be wrong but will look into it..

You must not have one of the original $30 SERO FF 500 plans then. I'm not talking about coverage, data, etc. You can not activate a WebOS phone or Android phone on a legacy plan...even non-sero legacy plans. No if's and's or but's about it. Otherwise there would not be threads like this:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - How are others justifying the big cost increase for leaving SERO to get the EVO?
List of phones that require an Everything Data Plan - SprintUsers.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)