HTC HD2 Coming Exclusively to T-Mobile This Spring

Today I played with the HD2, comparing it to my htc TP2

The processor in the HD2 ( 1 Ghz )is noticeably much faster than the tp2 (528Mhz). HD2 is very snappy, the screen is slightly larger. While it lacks the keyboard, it has an onscreen keyboard that looks slightly larger, BUT, IMO, that kB is no replacement for the tp2's slide out hard KB. This is the major trade off as while the Processor speed makes things fly on the HD2, having to use that onscreen keyboard slows you down.

The inability of the HD2 to sit like a small laptop, requiring you to lay it flat on the table, makes watching a video less convenient.

Having that processor speed on the HD2 really makes web surfing much faster and it sports the two finger zoom, like the iphone, but zooming with the HD2 and using double tap or the slide bar on the TP2, doesn't give the HD2 an advantage, just different. Oh, the web surfing I did on the HD2 was with wifi so I had to compare with my TP2 on wifi from memory since I was not wifi connected at the time. Still, I know the HD2 was just faster than my TP2 using the web browser.

Well then, this makes my decision to go with the Moto Droid that much easier next month.

I don't mind the no keyboard, i would rather have a thinner profile, I have the touch diamond now, once you get used to the on screen keyboard you can type fast on it. I was really wishing sprint would get this phone, had t-mobile in the past and had so many dropped calls, would never go back to them. Hopefully their exclusivity is not that long. Or maybe i will hold out for the hd3, lol. Maybe windows mobile 7 will finally be out by then.

Everybody needs to start looking to upgrade to the new LTE version of pDA phones later this year. The Nexus one and the htc HD2 will likely be the top gun of hardware speed for awhile, Until we get LTE roll out across the country, I think we all will be stuck with little performance improvement beyond the 1 Ghz processor. 1 to 1.5 Mbps speed is currently the weak link in the chain and until that improves to G4 performance in the hardware won't matter much.

LTE will resolve the issues with AT&T and Verizon will be on the same playing field as AT&T.

Then we will likely have to get used to metered billing. The carriers are already seriously looking into that business model for the long haul. Flat rates will be a thing of the past. You will pay for what you use.

Meanwhile- have fun with these performance limited devices, it's all we have for now.

Nexus One: Google has its own Phone!

Kodak sues Apple and RIM for patent infringement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)