HTL-HD problem; network reconfiguration??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onyx00

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I get a constant message of "Network Reconfiguration" on the screen. Pops up for 45 seconds, pictures comes back, and then the same message comes up again in 15 seconds. This makes the unit pretty much useless. I checked SW version; 1.06, so DTV told me to leave it on for 24 hours to see if it will update to 2.0.1. Nothing yet; still same problem. Mind you this isn't the "Searching for signal" error message, something completely different. DTV had no idea what was going on.

Anyone ever seen this; I am baffled.

Yes I have seen that message but don't have any help for you. I have a remanufactured HTL HD that is doing the same thing when the message comes up you can't do anything with the receiver. Directv tech support is totally clueless.

Yeah, DTV has no idea. I did find old threads on another board about members having the same problem back in 2003/2004 but DTV apparently was aware of the issue and working on it. It finally stopped for them. That time it did not seem to be specific to the HTL-HD.

I found two other members with the same problem who posted on another board on 4/6/06; I think they both had some other HD receiver.

I just find it stupid that there can be an un-documented on-screen error/status message. Surely the point of putting up a message is to tell the user what is going on, but if you don't know what the message means...

Anyways, DTV said they would replace the receiver, but then we got in to the whole discussion about replacing it with a receiver that still has the NTSC tuner; which apparently only customer retention has the power to do...maybe.

My HTL was at 1.06 also left it overnight with access card in it on ch100 and it updated to 2.01. Network reconfiguration message disappeared but now it won't recognize any digital signals.

My upgraded finally; no problems now.

I bitched DTV out about not knowing what this error message meant.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)