Humble Pie

tripod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I am eating it now.I cant afford a new rcvr for my dish 500.It is a 300 series and screwing up constantly.(1997 model).Dealers want $120.Is there a way to get one at a reduced price or some kind of a deal with the network? thanx,tripod

tripod said:
I am eating it now.I cant afford a new rcvr for my dish 500.It is a 300 series and screwing up constantly.(1997 model).Dealers want $120.Is there a way to get one at a reduced price or some kind of a deal with the network? thanx,tripod

tripod,

You may wanna do a search on flea-bay. Tons of rcvr's available there. If you find one you're interesated in, contact the seller and get the SN of the unit, call dish to verify that it is clear of any fees due.

If you call E* on the 800 line you can qualify for the "dish 'n it up " promo and get a DVR or 811 for a lease price of $4.99 a month. No cost for the equuipment.
Wally

tripod said:
I got a free 311 out of E*. I had a 4000 that stoped working. At first they wanted me to pay for it.i said no to that. Then they offered to give it to me if I was willing to extend my contract for another year. ( at present time I'm not under contract)I countered with, how about just giving me the new one, and I won't think about going to D*. After a couple of times on hold. I got my new 311. But I was told it would take up to 4 weeks to get. After about 2 weeks, and many more phone call and find finally a returned call from E* corp I was allowed to pick the unit up from one of there offices. It wound up the office was less then 8 mile from my house. (I guess the mail was running a little slow) Not only was I able to go get the receiver, I was given 2 months of free service by the Corp. guy, for the inconvenience.
The thing I learned is, "those who don't ask,don't get", and you have to stick up for what you believe in.

Some existing customers qualify for "Dish'in it up" promo.. $50 for a leased 301, some more for a leased 510.

Also.. if you want a cheaper route.. sign up for DHPP, get a $29 service call, get a tech to professionally fix your system, and then cancel DHPP when you're up and running with a new receiver.

The reason why retailers want so much is due to the fact that they have to pay retail price themselves for the receivers plus the S&H (plus C.O.D. fee in some cases). They might make $10 or $15 on that receiver but not a whole lot unless it ends up being activated as an additional receiver then they get a commission unless another receiver was already activated then deactivated on the account in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts