HWS head scratcher... (1 Viewer)

NYDutch

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
3,283
4,489
Where our wheels go
At our previous RV park we were set up just fine on our 1K4 dish and EA LNB receiving all three sats with good levels. Now we've moved about 150 miles north to an ocean front site in South Carolina. We have a totally clear view of either arc here, so I set the dish back up with the EA LNB still installed, resetting the skew and elevation to the new settings. My meter showed good levels on all three sats again, so I locked everything down and ran a switch test on our HWS. When it finished, it was only showing 72.7 and 77, with no 61.5 shown, just a red 'X'. The two sats shown were on the correct ports. Being in a bit of a rush to finish in time for a favorite show, I decided to just quickly switch to the usually easier to dial in WA. Did the needed skew and elevation changes and swung the dish around to where I quickly got a lock on 119 and good levels on all three. Back inside, ran the test switch again. This time it only shows 110 and 119 on the correct ports, but no 129. Now comes the head scratcher: 129 is showing a signal level on the diag page in the low 60's! Power reset did nothing, and I decided to check in here while I'm waiting out another switch test with no dish attached to clear the sat table completely. Other things I've tried because they were easy to do was to swap in a spare Solo Node and the two 3Gz swept cables from the LNB to the Node as well as the 50' 3Gz cable from the dish to the motorhome. Anyone have any other ideas if clearing the table doesn't help?

Oh, and we did get watch our show on the available sats, just not in HD. :)
 

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
8,641
13,788
Pekin, IL
You have a meter, you say, what does the signal show at the cable where it connects to the receiver? Or is that where you were testing it?
 

NYDutch

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
3,283
4,489
Where our wheels go
Sorry I haven't gotten back on this. Severe thunderstorms here took out our power for several hours and blocked the sat signals. My setup has the Solo Node mounted at the dish, with a single coax running to the satellite input port on the motorhome that then feeds a Tap for the HWS and Joey. My meter shows good signal levels on all three sats at the dish, and the Hopper 2 is showing good 60+ levels in the motorhome on all three. The problem is that only 110 and 119 are showing up in the HWS diag port chart after a switch test, with the third position showing a red 'X' instead of 129.

OK! After dealing with power outages and a neighbor's storm damage last night and this morning, I finally got a chance to complete running a no dish switch check to clear the sat table, and as hoped, the next switch test with the dish reattached went through perfectly and showed all three sats! No more scratching my head for awhile anyway... ;)
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top