Hybrid LNB Wiring Diagrams

You should always ground to the main electrical ground of your house. You should never ground to a separate ground rod unless that rod is also bonded to your main house ground. If you use aluminum it has be a lot heavier gauge than copper.
Absolutely! The entire house electrical ground system needs to be as one or you will have after-effects....

Sorry if this has been answered before but I was curious about something. If I have just 3 wireless joeys and 1 hopper, do I really need a solo hub? Can I run the wire straight from the dish to the grounding block and then to the hopper?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I was curious about something. If I have just 3 wireless joeys and 1 hopper, do I really need a solo hub? Can I run the wire straight from the dish to the grounding block and then to the hopper?

You do not need the Hub. What you said about running the wire from the LNB to the ground block to the H3 will work fine. You only need the Hub if you're going to have a wired Joey or a HIC.

Are there any wire diagrams available that show both the Satellite signal, client, MoCA and Ethernet connections for the Hopper 3 and 1 or more Joeys? I asked a question in another area here and now the answer I was given doesn't seem correct especially if I were installing multiple Joeys.

No since those methods are not supported and could stop working at any time.

Scott is the method you are talking about connection is between the Hopper 3 and the Joey via an Ethernet cable? If so then I'll forget the Ethernet cable connection.

I wish Dish Network would make available installations instructions and interconnection wiring diagrams for customers who like to do installations they're self. I'm good with RF but this digital junk is new to me.

Thanks for the help and for a great website.

Connection between any Hopper & Joey is with coax, not Ethernet. When bridging is turned on at the Hopper it connects the Joey to the internet.
I think I understand now thanks to KAB in another post of mine. I ran the new RG-6 and Ethernet cable last night. I'll just roll the Ethernet cable up in the corner.

Thanks for the info.

I'll just say this, I looked at the counters on the Hopper 3 and the bitrate to my 4K Joey was listed at over 600 Mbps. I'm not sure what kind of LAN you have in your home, but unless you have Gigabit Ethernet or better in your home, use the MOCA over the Dish coax.

I wouldn't do it with a Tap.

I hate those taps with a passion.
But now makes me wonder if that guy saying 6 rooms max is correct.
And 7 Rooms is not supported.
I mean in all honesty who would support an odd number of rooms?
Oh wait that's right Dish !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You can have a 3way splitter, or split off the tap, but it's not preferred, it's only done on commercial accounts. If you ask a CSC they will tell you it's impossible, but it's not.

You should always ground the Dish system. I bought a galvanized 8ft ground rod and 25ft aluminum bare wiring and a ground clamp all for about $12. Drive rod down about half its length
put wire on grounding located at antenna and connect to ground rod.

You don't want to ground the system if your house has an open ground, then it will create a ground loop cause black screens and Hopper freezing.

You don't want to ground the system if your house has an open ground, then it will create a ground loop cause black screens and Hopper freezing.
That's like saying "don't use a candle for light if your house has a gas leak." Call a Licensed Electrician and get your House Ground fixed before someone gets electrocuted! Or, on a lessor note, some piece of electrical gear gets fried.

I'm about to replace one of my hopper 1st generation with a sling Hopper. Would it cause any issues if I'm already using a duo node?
So my setup would be dpp44- duo node-hopper 2k---and hopper with sling and 2 joeys.

I'm about to replace one of my hopper 1st generation with a sling Hopper. Would it cause any issues if I'm already using a duo node?
So my setup would be dpp44- duo node-hopper 2k---and hopper with sling and 2 joeys.
The Hopper swap should be plug-n-play. You would need to run new lines to the Joeys if they are new.

Consider upgrading both H2ks to HwS. They are much faster.

A H3 and 3 Joeys would cost you less each month but unless you can utilize the new 1000.2/hybrid LNB you can't go that route. There is promise for a new hybrid switch maybe next year but it's still just a possibility.

Well Im using a Hybrid setup, so the Hopper 3 would not work.
I'm currently using 3 6ft dishes from the caribbean with DP labs connected to dpp44 then duo node.

The Hopper swap should be plug-n-play. You would need to run new lines to the Joeys if they are new.

Consider upgrading both H2ks to HwS. They are much faster.

A H3 and 3 Joeys would cost you less each month but unless you can utilize the new 1000.2/hybrid LNB you can't go that route. There is promise for a new hybrid switch maybe next year but it's still just a possibility.[/QUOTEWell Im using a Hybrid setup, so the Hopper 3 would not work.
I'm currently using 3 6ft dishes from the caribbean with DP labs connected to dpp44 then duo node.

Does anyone know why 2 Hopper 3's are not supported? Does anyone know a wiring diagram for 2 Hopper 3's where the 2nd Hopper 3 is on it's own and not seen by the other one? Thanks!

Two H3 are not allowed because the hybrid LNB can only support a single H3 and no other receivers when a H3 is connected.
Thank you for the answer. I have just enough tech knowledge to be dangerous. Would you mind explaining that further? I see that multiple H2's are allowed for example. Why couldn't the signal be split with switches and an isolator? Would it make any difference if the second Hopper 3 didn't need to be part of the network? What about a separate dish for the second Hopper? Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you for the answer. I have just enough tech knowledge to be dangerous. Would you mind explaining that further? I see that multiple H2's are allowed for example. Why couldn't the signal be split with switches and an isolator? Would it make any difference if the second Hopper 3 didn't need to be part of the network? What about a separate dish for the second Hopper? Thank you very much in advance.

At this point in time you can have 1 Hopper 3 per hybrid LNB, so the technical limit is 1 H3 per dish.

DISH says they only allow one H3 per account, so that's the way it is. They make the rules. If DISH would allow multiple H3's per account you would need a separate dish for each one.