I am leaving dish

DirecTv probably figures that they are giving you something for the upcoming price increases. If we at least get something for those price increases then they only seem half as bad.

I have just signed up with FIOS for a two years contract, install scheduled for 1/24 (next week), after all said and done, I save a total of 65 to 70 a month. I currently have the AEP + RAI+ HD with 622, and 2 211 leased; broadband with comcast and voice with Verizon. FIOS was able to give me the same programming package plus two DVRs and two more HD boxes plus a digital adapter, and the bill should not be more that $205 a month. FIOS here I come. After almost 10 years with *E it's time to say goodbye.

I guess one of my biggest issues with dish at the moment is that I feel there is no sense of direction from the company.

I guess one of my biggest issues with dish at the moment is that I feel there is no sense of direction from the company.

Why would you concern yourself with the direction of the company unless you are a stock holder? Dish is going to add more HD nationals and HD LiLs when their sats are up and running.

As a consumer, are they providing you with a product you want at a price you are willing to pay? If not, then it is the right decision to switch.

I honestly got fed up paying $150/mo and a soon to be increase. I called my cable company. They are going to give me the AEP equivialent and 4 revievers for $80/mo and the price is locked for 2 years reguardless of price increases. Now I am aware that I am giving up some advanced things like HD channels, but the ones I watch they carry so it's a wash, but I will miss the 622 as it is a superior machine no doubt, but for 1/2 the price who cares. However, after 2 years I will re-evaluate the situation and probably be back. I will continue to support this site and everyone here because you guys are the best!

thanks!

I dropped Dish over a year ago and never will go back !

My cable company has taken great care of me and it is nice to be able to speak face to face with a csr !

As a consumer I am concerned that my money is going to a company that has a solid direction. ITVN had a product that I thought was innovative and had potential, but management dropped the ball big time, so I have read. I feel like Charlie & Co. have lost touch with the company and us as customers. I feel like the saying a little honesty goes a long way, if they are having difficiulties they should say something in a manner that will not harm them as a company, but atleast be honest. I want to know that my money is going to a solid company with a solid focus.

Funny, I don't seem to remember that many Directv customers bitching about the lost direction of DIRECTV when DISH had more hd than them for over two years in a row. BUt then again Directv had NFL SUnday ticket and DISH didn't. So I guess those with Sports made up the subscription base of DIRECTV. Either way DISH will be back on top by the end of this year. So I think I can wait a while, at least till Summer. If I see no signs of ANY new national hd channels being turned on , then I will have to reconsider my choice. BUt I really don't like Directv's receivers, guides, channel layout, etc. Yes ,I have Directv too- for one show I can't get with DISH:passions for my wife , but this will end come this summer when Passions ends on Directv. I would love to have all that hd but since there is really no new hd shows being added right now due to the writers' strike, what difference does it make if I wait?

I got the cable installed, the HD looks better. However I do miss the 622 interface. I called Dish to cancel, boy it's like they don't care, the CSR did not even make an attempt to keep me as a customer. All in all it was a painless experience.

I am all set up and good to go, service is great. PQ great. internet speed awesome. I do not miss *E at all. Did I mentioned that I now have VOD? FIOS is the way to go, we are also setup in a GPON infrastructure, so as soon as the Verizon routers can use GigaBit we are ready to go.

if u dont like it, just cancel it.. I know its an enterteinment bill and so but cmon.. its not like the water bill.. you got choices.. shop around and whatever is good, go for it! just shop around and read all the fine prints. No need to be all frustrated.. Dish seems good but the way they treat most reps and give them trainings.. it just sucks overall for the workers.. we all know.. no happy workers, no good customer service. its charlies fault.

ok getting a little carried away lol..

shop around and whatever is best for you! Try to get the no contract option if they got it(the other companies)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts