I am soooo mad right now!!!!

I wouldn't say he was bragging about. More like citing a very specific instance of what does happen in a call center. Nevertheless, I would still make it a point of getting the CSR name and operator ID.

Sounds all too familiar when it comes to the hang up routine. Had one tech tell me on the phone that they never send bad receivers that they couldn't have sent two or three bad ones in a row and that they were going to make sure and test the one that they were going to send this time (for a customer) to make double sure that there were no problems with it. DISH NETWORK, IF THOSE RECEIVERS WERE NOT BAD THEN WHY DID THAT LAST RECEIVER FIX THE PROBLEM SINCE LAST SUMMER??!!! Because some of the tecks think that they cannot ship out bad receivers and blame the installer/technician putting it in instead of their own product.

Last edited:
ChetK said:
At least it's not a voice automated system.

BIG BOY!
Well I am 6'4 270 but that has nothing to do with this. Just remember the next time you wanna yell and scream and stomp your feet, even if youre right, know that it probably wont help your case. Its simple the KINDER you are on the phone the more you get.

You misunderstood. Probably because we all have DVR's around here. ;)

It's from a CitiBank commercial. The guy is on a crowded subway on his cell phone, using a voice automated system and you hear, "Please state your password." Quietly he says, "big boy". And then you hear, "I'm sorry that did not register." He then yells, "BIG BOY" and everyone looks at him. It's the funniest commercial on TV right now.

ChetK said:
...He then yells, "BIG BOY" and everyone looks at him. It's the funniest commercial on TV right now.
Oh, Heck! Here I thought he was ordering a double-decker burger at Eat-n-Park...!

Latest update.
Got the replacement today.Here is another dish smart move.They sent it 2nd day air it's marked on the box.I live about 100 miles away from were they shipped.Just thought that was funny.
I called to activate and was on hold off and on for over an hour with the tech trying to activate it and never got it.He told me call back in an hour or two and see if they can do it then.So I will wait a couple of hours.I just know I am going to get my best buddy again.

I got mine 2nd day air as well. I thought that showed some responsivness. I hooked it up and got a tech to activate immediately. I just hope the damn HDMI lasts more than 2 weeks this time.

gutter said:
I got mine 2nd day air as well. I thought that showed some responsivness. I hooked it up and got a tech to activate immediately. I just hope the damn HDMI lasts more than 2 weeks this time.
I think they just send them all 2nd day no matter where it goes.Just thought it was funny for a 100mi trip.

They always say that or they say code blue or something like that. They say they send it two day but say that it will take 3-5 days to get to you.

ChetK said:
See, the thing is, the CSRs don't want to get in trouble. So, they won't transfer you to their supervisor. They just hang up on you because they know you have no rebutal once you are disconnected.

If I was stupid enough to be a CSR, I wouldn't transfer angry customers to my manager either.
That's not true...they can tell every CSR who accesses an account. People complain about CSRs but, here's the deal, all they can do is what their immediate supervisor tells them to do. If that CSR's supervisor told him not to do any returns on the 622, then that's all he could do.

I'm sure the CSR did want to help you, but just did not have the option to do so.

Instead of complaining, do someothing like ask for their operator ID and thier current supervisor's ID #. Tell them you aregoing to email the Exec office.

Well I called back just now.Short hold time.The girl asked r number s number.Software version.Was I getting green on all 3 sats.Sorry you had to call back and do all the remotes work.And finished 5 min and all is working.Still no reboots.I am not mad anymore.

Years ago (back when Dish tech help worked almost all the time), I had a CSR offer me his names and operator ID "in case we get disconnected". Ever since then, I always start out the conversation with this same request, stating the same reason. This almost always yeilds the name and operator ID without the CSR feeling threatened. Over the last eight+ years, I've only had two problem CSRs. One refused to give any name or ID, saying "that won't be necessary". I just hung up and called again. The other gave a name and ID, but when things got difficult, the call got "hung up". When I called back, that CSR name and ID "didn't exist". I ended up talking to a supervisor who seemed VERY intent on recoding the CSR name and ID I was given. I suspect Dish's call center software DOES record in your account which CSR is helping you, and this supervisor was going to make sure CSR that gave me a fake name and ID was going to be disciplined for doing so.

I ran a call center and it is not unusual for an operator to use a name that is not their own. it is for their protection from Kooks. However, they are supposed to be consistant about it and give you their real ID number. Usually they will only give a first name that may or not be real. That is reality in the 21st century.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)