I cashed in

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I bought a PS3 today. What other movies should I get? I picked up Flags of Our Fathers and 300 with it

Congrats. There's plenty of great PQ flicks, just depends on what you like. Good thing now about renting from Netflix is most everything new can be had on blu.

Im still waiting on my cloverfield to ship, wanna try out the audio.

is there a cheaper option than that? also, I can't find any blu rays in the "browse" section

oh yeah, they have cheaper options. I thought they had a free trial, you should try it. When you search for amovie, itll say dvd and bluray. You also have to setup your account preferences for blu-ray, so that it defaults to hd instead of sd when you add a movie to your queue.

2 movies at a time unlimited is $13.99 on Net Flix. That may seem expensive until you realize that Blockbuster charges $5 a pop for a BD rental. You watch 3 movies a month and it has paid for itself. I have no issues getting my BD discs via Net Flix, I have gotten 3 BD movies the day following release on Net Flix. Never had an issue.

Netflix's BD selection and availability has greatly improved from the shortage a few mo's ago.

Any of the Netflix plans are inexpensive if you use them. Im on the 4 out at a time plan which runs about $25/mo. I watch 3 discs per week, so that would cost me $50 in rentals from a standard store.

Blockbuster is another good option for about the same prices. I only do one out at a time, since my GF has Netflix, for $8.99. If there is a BD-carrying Blockbuster in your area, for a few dollars more you can exchange in-store for a BD movie off the shelf. When I did that, I got unlimited 1-at-time via mail plus two in-store per month for $13/mo.

I'd much rather rent because most movies I only watch once before they start running them over-and-over on HBO, or later, regular TV.