I could refer two people now BUT!

softwiz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 30, 2005
It would make it easier if Voom had some additional packages.

Voom
Voom + HBO & Cinemax
Voom + Showtime & Starz
Va Va Voom

Both my friends are on DirecTV and have HD ready TVs but just get HBO and Cinemax and pay $67 a month. They won't jump cause of the price point of Va Va Voom.

softwiz said:

Voom
Voom + HBO & Cinemax
Voom + Showtime & Starz
Va Va Voom

Both my friends are on DirecTV and have HD ready TVs but just get HBO and Cinemax and pay $67 a month. They won't jump cause of the price point of Va Va Voom.
Voom sort of offers that, which they refer to as PlusPack. Look carefully at the following link under Voom Package (item 3). Each pack is $19.90 per month:
https://secure.voom.com/Controller/...eLanguage=en&offer=base&isRent=Y&isVaVavoom=Y

So if you just take one of the packs, your total monthly fee excluding receiver will be $69.80. This is still pricier than DirecTV, and if you take 2 of the plusPacks, the fee will increase to $89.70, about the same as VaVaVoom, which does not make sense anymore.

mrhph said:
Voom sort of offers that, which they refer to as PlusPack. Look carefully at the following link under Voom Package (item 3). Each pack is $19.90 per month:
https://secure.voom.com/Controller/...eLanguage=en&offer=base&isRent=Y&isVaVavoom=Y

So if you just take one of the packs, your total monthly fee excluding receiver will be $69.80. This is still pricier than DirecTV, and if you take 2 of the plusPacks, the fee will increase to $89.70, about the same as VaVaVoom, which does not make sense anymore.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll try to sell my friends but you are right, just one Voom plus pak is the same price as HBO and Cinemax on DirecTV but no highdef.

softwiz said:

Voom
Voom + HBO & Cinemax
Voom + Showtime & Starz
Va Va Voom

I think they just need to lower the price of thier plus packs.. I mean for $20 you get one, but for $40 you get all 4. I know the idea is to give incentive to sign up for all, but they should probably tier the pricing like D*.

zombie said:
I think they just need to lower the price of thier plus packs.. I mean for $20 you get one, but for $40 you get all 4. I know the idea is to give incentive to sign up for all, but they should probably tier the pricing like D*.
I agree. Seems like they're gambling on an all-or-nothing type thing. I doubt if many budget-minded folks think $20/pack is much of a deal -- but they might be lured in to 2 packs for $20, or one for ten.
But don't forget -- with the $40/month you also get WealtHD, not to mention Military, etc. ;)

TheTimm said:
I agree. Seems like they're gambling on an all-or-nothing type thing. I doubt if many budget-minded folks think $20/pack is much of a deal -- but they might be lured in to 2 packs for $20, or one for ten.
But don't forget -- with the $40/month you also get WealtHD, not to mention Military, etc. ;)
The could definately add other plus packs.. D* has the sports pack in addition tot he movie channel packs.. Also they have 2 tiers of basic service.. I think if voom stays around they we redo their pricing structures and rethink what belongs with each package..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts