I dont understand the check switch test...help please?

seanbenji

Original poster
Apr 30, 2008
Hi, im having problems with my connection...
(i have Dish Network...)

So on my reciever i can only get one input to work, the other one just says searching for satelite: X the progress thing stays at zero.

So i ran a check switch test and these were the results:

Input 1

port: 1 2
satellite: conn conn
Trans: x x
Device: twin twin
Switch: DPP twin w/seperator

Input 2

port: 1 2
satellite: 119 110
Trans: ok ok
Device: twin twin
Switch: DPP twin w/seperator

can anyone tell me either, what this means, or what i can do to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Try a reboot. If that don't work try swtiching the leads on the back of the receiver. If it still shows the same thing the receiver is toast. If it changes to the other tuner then the DPP seperator is junk.

Try a reboot. If that don't work try swtiching the leads on the back of the receiver. If it still shows the same thing the receiver is toast. If it changes to the other tuner then the DPP seperator is junk.

He needs to try the connection directly to input 1. As I understand it, DPP seperators have a hi/low pass filter and cannot be just switched around.

He needs to try the connection directly to input 1. As I understand it, DPP seperators have a hi/low pass filter and cannot be just switched around.

DPP separators can be flipped without any problems. They work either way and sometimes a flip can fix the problem.

What kind of receiver are you talking about?

DPP separators can be flipped without any problems. They work either way and sometimes a flip can fix the problem.

What kind of receiver are you talking about?

Flipping has not been suggested by E*. Have found customers that have "flipped" sep. and created problems..1 to 1 2 to 2

Flipping has not been suggested by E*. Have found customers that have "flipped" sep. and created problems..1 to 1 2 to 2

Foowey...

I have never seen this. This is the first test I will do when I see this problem on a receiver. It makes no difference if the seperator is setup one way or the other. After you flip you run a check switch. THen the receiver knows what it's looking at. If the problem moves from tuner 1 over to tuner 2 then you know the seperator is the problem. If the problem stays on tuner 1 you know the receiver has a problem.

Try this:

Unplug your 322 and any other receivers you have. Disconnect the sat in line and let sit for 30 minutes.

Reconnect the 322 and run a check switch. If it is alright, connect the other receivers and enjoy.

If that doesn't change anything, with a 322, you really need to rule out the receiver.

If you have other receivers, put one where the 322 is and see how it does. If it works fine, get another 322. If it has the same or similar issues, check those lines.

Actually, first always, check for loose connections and corrosion in connections. Replace the F-81 barrrels with 3.0Ghz, connectors with blue center, if needed. Check for kinks, cuts and hard bends in the wires. These things should always be first.

Foowey...

I have never seen this. This is the first test I will do when I see this problem on a receiver. It makes no difference if the seperator is setup one way or the other. After you flip you run a check switch. THen the receiver knows what it's looking at. If the problem moves from tuner 1 over to tuner 2 then you know the seperator is the problem. If the problem stays on tuner 1 you know the receiver has a problem.

Went back and reviewed DPP seperator installation requirements and it is very clear that proper install is 1 to 1 & 2 to 2. Recalling a retailer tech chat where Leslie made this point in her explanation of DPP requirements as well.

previous post is correct, any bad connection can cause that check switch result, receiver & seperator might be fine. Lnb could be bad also.

I'd say ALWAYS go with the engineers and specs and don't flip 'em then. In practice, I've found no difference either way, but go with jerryinvirginia's recommendation of NOT flipping according to Dish.

I still say it's cables or 322, not LNB.

It doesn't matter which way you have them hooked up, but you do have to run a checkswitch after because one side of the Separator is the Master and the software needs to know which side to send the Diseqc commands out.