I feel like I'm being scammed

You don't have your location listed. Are you in the Cowboy region. Basically, anything that you would have received on your locals OTA or through cable (with some very rare exceptions), you will receive via Dish HD.

Dude, call Dish and get the "Dish it up Package!!!!!!!!!

Bite the bullet, and make them give you the 211 with a 1000+ dish and sign a 1 year agreement. You get all the crap you need + almost 30 HD channels; top it off with your local OTA and your set. Visit this site for proper OTA antenna purchasing & setting up and you should be blown away.

Last edited:
Cable companies can't own any channel that is distributed by satellite. It's illegal for them to do that.

You will get everything on the DISH provided locals in HD that you got through OTA HD.

Cable companies can't own any channel that is distributed by satellite.
There are some channels that are "cable only" and don't broadcast their signal over the airwaves. The channel is gone now but our local "UPN" was broadcast to Time Warner only for the years that it was in existence.

You might want to upgrade to the 622 while you are at it. I would hate to go back to non-DVR times....

Brad

I guess I just wont get local sports in HD but hey I'm not getting them now except FOX :)

You guys are great.

Dude... Fix your antenna!! Even if you upgrade to a Dish metal pack (and, BTW get the 622 DVR, it will make a huge difference!), you will still need your over the air HD.

So, step one, get rid of the Terk antenna. Terk generally makes crappy products. There are a lot better, less expensive antenna options. If you want the most help, there's a great forum at the AVS Forum website on local HD reception issues.

Remember, only a few markets get local HD through satellite, so you might not even have that available as an option, depending on where you live. And, even if you did, the image quality of Dish HD, while pretty good, generally doesn't compare to what you get over the air. In either case, you will be better off fixing your antenna situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)