I feel MLB on Dish for $29.00...heres why

uhlesses

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Thats what I am going to expect to pay since I will not be able to watch the Yankees, Mets, Indians, Blue jays phillies, Nationals, Texas, Astros and the Royals and St Louis. Lets see thats 10 teams that I can not watch on the baseball package. Dish Get Real and lets gets this done. Charge me but I expect to get all the games charlie

why wont you see the Blue jays Texas, Astros and the Royals and St Louis?

and you can still see the Yankees, Mets, Indians on other networks dish has

Yeah, I don't understand his post.

With the MLB package, you get games from every single team (not everyday though).

I live in SW oklahoma. It would seem that the rangers would be my market team. Well Mlb says that the Royals, Astros and StLouis are also my in market teams Now lets add my favorite team the Yankees, no yes network Now the Mets and Indians. and the nationals, My point is why should I pay full price if I am missing 30% of the teams. Yankees play the royals- no game. Mets play the cardinals- no game Yankees play rangers might be on fox. These teams playing each other will mean that you will miss over 70 % of their games. I want to buy the baseball package! At least I have my XM radio. I want dish to give me in writing what teams that I will be able to watch this year. Dont charge me 159 dollars and than say there are 10 teams that we do not have agreements with. Lets go Dish sign up the Yes Network and watch all the new customers that will come over to dish. You lose the mets and you lose the New York viewing area. All I want is what I pay for, the yankees are a out of market team and I should be able to watch them on the Yes channel.

The Yes channel and MLB:EI are two separate packages. Even if Dish offered Yes a la carte, if you signed up for MLB:EI, you wouldn't get Yes automatically. Although I know you would get more of the games being carried by Yes.

MLB:EI has not yet released their 2006 schedule.

However there is a solution for you: DirecTV

Dish is quite open about recommending people who must have Yankee games to subscribe to DirecTV. They have decided that they are willing to lose those customers. If a Yankee fan feels they are not being highly valued by Dish, well, they are correct.

Last edited:
I am claimed by the Mets and Yankees so any games on Extra Innings with those two teams are blacked out.

Normally, this isn't a big deal since I can watch my local team on my RSN. YES has the Yankees (no dice, but I don't care as I am a Mets fan), and SNY now has the Mets (now I'm getting hurt). MSG and FoxSports NY are now my RSNs and carry NO games I want. I could care less about Basketball or Hockey. I'm a Baseball and Football guy.....

My gut feeling is that the Mets will cut a deal. I still can't believe that the Yankees haven't come to the table yet and left a couple million a year on the table....

uhlesses said:
I live in SW oklahoma. It would seem that the rangers would be my market team. Well Mlb says that the Royals, Astros and StLouis are also my in market teams Now lets add my favorite team the Yankees, no yes network Now the Mets and Indians. and the nationals, My point is why should I pay full price if I am missing 30% of the teams. Yankees play the royals- no game. Mets play the cardinals- no game Yankees play rangers might be on fox. These teams playing each other will mean that you will miss over 70 % of their games. I want to buy the baseball package! At least I have my XM radio. I want dish to give me in writing what teams that I will be able to watch this year. Dont charge me 159 dollars and than say there are 10 teams that we do not have agreements with. Lets go Dish sign up the Yes Network and watch all the new customers that will come over to dish. You lose the mets and you lose the New York viewing area. All I want is what I pay for, the yankees are a out of market team and I should be able to watch them on the Yes channel.

You can watch the Skankees, Blue Jays, Nats, Phils, Padres, and whoever else doesnt have an agreement via the other teams broadcast. Blue Jays are the oddball because EI wont show the Canadian feed.

The Royals, Cards, Astros, etc that claim your area you should be able to see on your local RSN (or add the multisport and see the other "local" teams). I know Houston is always on an alternate channel so you should get them.

EI is an OUT OF MARKET package. Any game in market you CANT GET...even if lets say the Rangers are playing the Twins and the only netwrok carrying it is FSN North (the Twins station), you STILL won't get it. Them is the rules.

What sucks is the year the Twins tried their own sports net (Victory Sports), Dish didnt have a deal and we got blacked out of the other teams broadcast too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts