I have 2 sattelites, one for 110/119 and another for 61.5

phatleo05

Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Orlando,Fl
I have 2 sattelites.. one for 110/119 and another for 61.5.... both are set in the right directions... and both work fine when connected directly... but when i try to connect them with a dp-21 that i have they dont work together and one or the other is marked as N.C (Not connected)... Please help.. let me know if i need a different switch or anything else.. i would really appreciate the help...

-Leo

I have 2 sattelites.. one for 110/119 and another for 61.5.... both are set in the right directions... and both work fine when connected directly... but when i try to connect them with a dp-21 that i have they dont work together and one or the other is marked as N.C (Not connected)... Please help.. let me know if i need a different switch or anything else.. i would really appreciate the help...

-Leo

What model of LNB (the "eye" on the end of the arm) do you have?

If it says Dish Pro Plus you are golden, just plug the wire from the 61.5 into the single port on the dish 500 (110/119) LNB and you don't need the SW21

If it says Dish Pro or just Dish Network you will have to ask the other guys on here that know far more about dish than I do... (Although I have a nifty old multiswitch for legacy dishes with three input ports)

I did as you said.. but once I connected it it found the 110 and the 119 with all the polarities... but the external lnb was marked as N.C (not connected).. and the 61.5 was not found... have any more ideas???

Need a little more information here. What do the back of the LNB's say? You will see either DP Plus, DP (Dish Pro) or just Dish Network. The LNB on the 61.5 will either say DP or nothing. Let us know, then we can give you more specific directions.

on the 110/119 it is a dp plus.... and on the 61.5 it says nothing behind the lnb..

If 110/119 is indeed a Dish pro Plus twin you just connect 61. 5 to the DPP twin and dont need the DP21 switch. Also the 61. 5 with need to be a Dish Pro (DP) LNB.

on the 110/119 it is a dp plus.... and on the 61.5 it says nothing behind the lnb..

That is probably your problem. I am pretty sure you have to have a DP lnb on the 61.5, in which case it would have something written on it to this effect. If it is just flat gray and says nothing on it then you have a legacy LNB which does not stack into a DPP twin from what my understanding is.

You need to get a single LNBF that is DP.

Can a person with a more complete knowledge of Dish confirm this for me?

I have one here, but I am sure that doesn't help you any being that I am in Ohio. Perhaps you could find a dealer in your area that could get you one cheaper or there is another solution with the SW21 or other switch that I don't know about. As a retailer I generally only install new systems on Dish so I don't know all the options for upgrading existing systems that an everyday tech might.

If you can find one affordable from a retailer, try the resellers on this site or even eBay.

i have done that "wickedude" but it doesnt locate the 61.5 and refers to it as n.c (not connected)...is there something more i have to do?? do i have to upgrade the 61.5's lnb??

i have done that "wickedude" but it doesnt locate the 61.5 and refers to it as n.c (not connected)...is there something more i have to do?? do i have to upgrade the 61.5's lnb??

Yes.

I found a few on eBay for about 22-30 bucks including shipping. I have one here but I don't want to violate any rules on this site by trying to sell it to you.

Just make sure whatever and wherever you buy it you get a Dish Pro version

That is probably your problem. I am pretty sure you have to have a DP lnb on the 61.5, in which case it would have something written on it to this effect. If it is just flat gray and says nothing on it then you have a legacy LNB which does not stack into a DPP twin from what my understanding is.

You need to get a single LNBF that is DP.

Can a person with a more complete knowledge of Dish confirm this for me?

Yes, that is correct. The best solution is to get a DP dual (or single) that says DP on the back of it and then connect it the the LNB In port on your DP Plus LNB then run a check switch. You do not the the DP21 switch you have for that setup.

thank you very much spize, kb2vgp and wickeddude... once i get the dp lnb for the 61.5 i'll let you guys know about the outcome..
take it easy guys...

thank you very much spize, kb2vgp and wickeddude... once i get the dp lnb for the 61.5 i'll let you guys know about the outcome..
take it easy guys...

Have fun...

wow, I am learning tonight that I know a lot more about E* than I previously thought.

You don't need to run cables all the way up to the satellites...they will beam the signals down to your dishes and you can run the cables from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)