I Have An Interesting Question....

Eddian!

Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Hi there... I have a question to broad my knowledge because reading the installation guides I couldnt figure it out....

I recently bought a Dish Networks 1000.2 DPP to have my own one and only antenna (I dont like having more than one dish...) and because I found it at a good price.... But I have a LEGACY receiver (non-DPP) with my DN system... My question is, Do I need another Legacy receiver to hook up my new DPP if I'm going to use it to receive satellites 110 and 119 ONLY? If the answer is yes, Why do I need to have another legacy receiver and is there some other way to do it without having to call DN or buy another receiver...???

Thanks all...

Last edited:
If you have a Dishnetwork account, you might want to call them today as they have a few special offers for existing customers. It won't cost anything to find out the solution to your problem.
Dan

If all you wanted were 110 and 119 then a dish 500 would have done that. If your trying to use a legacy receiver with a DP lnb then you will need a Dishpro legacy adapter.

If you have a Dishnetwork account, you might want to call them today as they have a few special offers for existing customers. It won't cost anything to find out the solution to your problem.
Dan

Dan, yes I do have a DN account for a long time now... but today is christmas day and I want to spend my off time to hook that up myself if its possible... i can always call them but I wanted a quicker answer.... thanks anyways//// eddian

If all you wanted were 110 and 119 then a dish 500 would have done that. If your trying to use a legacy receiver with a DP lnb then you will need a Dishpro legacy adapter.

Thanks Osu... I only bought the DPP 1000 because a friend of mine sold it to me at a very good price... it was worth a try...

so... I will need that adapter then.... I just really want to know (to understand) what makes DPP LNB's different so that they need 2 legacy receivers or that adapter... just a question that came to me after reading the installation guides/// eddian

Thanks Osu... I only bought the DPP 1000 because a friend of mine sold it to me at a very good price... it was worth a try...

so... I will need that adapter then.... I just really want to know (to understand) what makes DPP LNB's different so that they need 2 legacy receivers or that adapter... just a question that came to me after reading the installation guides/// eddian

you need the adpater cause legacy reciever does not kick back power to the lnb.. you will need adpter even if it was regular dp lnb..

go on ebay you will find some,,,

If you have on Dp receiver then u don't need an adapter to hook your Legacy receiver up but if you only have a legacy receiver the you will need a DP adapter and if you have one of these model receiver you will not pick up 129, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC-DVHS (IRR), and the DishPlayer 7100/7200

you need the adpater cause legacy reciever does not kick back power to the lnb.. you will need adpter even if it was regular dp lnb..

go on ebay you will find some,,,

Do I need that even if I'm using only two of the three LNB's?????

DPP switches and LNBs can feed legacy (non DP or DPP) receivers without an adapter but as birddoggy mentioned, you need one of the receivers to be non legacy to power the switch/LNB or use a power inserter on the unused output.

Give it a shot with just your Legacy receiver. I have seen them run a DPP twin with no problem. I have not tried a Dish1000.2 DPP lnb, but it might be worth a shot just to see. At worst it might blow the receiver, but sign up for DHPP and get a new receiver from DIsh.

The DP and DPP draw more milliAmps than the legacy receiver can supply. Even if you get this to work, you run the risk of ruining your receiver by burning out the internal circuit board components due to the extra heat created by supplying more current than designed. The 1000.2 Triple LNB has a 600mA current draw and the legacy receivers produce about 250mA IIRC. DP LNBs draw around 400mA and DP switches draw a bit more than 400mA. This is also why many accutrac meters will read "LNB SHORT" or "Circuit Overload" when connected to DP equipment.

DP adapters provide the additional current needed by the DP LNBs and Switches. I suspect they also work by down-converting the 1650-2150 band to 950-1450 when the correct voltage is detected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts