I have lost 1 of my OTA locals?

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
I have a vip722 and I get my HD locals via an antenna mounted in my garage attic.
In the last two days (I think) I have lost the ABC affiliate in Wichita. When I do a local scan, my 722 finds 7 channels like it always has. All my channel signal strengths are in the low 70s to 80. All except my ABC which is now 0. I don't even know who to call. Is this a VIP 722 problem or is the station running at reduced power or what? This station as always had a strong OTA signal. Suggestions?

I have a vip722 and I get my HD locals via an antenna mounted in my garage attic.
In the last two days (I think) I have lost the ABC affiliate in Wichita. When I do a local scan, my 722 finds 7 channels like it always has. All my channel signal strengths are in the low 70s to 80. All except my ABC which is now 0. I don't even know who to call. Is this a VIP 722 problem or is the station running at reduced power or what? This station as always had a strong OTA signal. Suggestions?

did this happen after the 17th ? If so did the channel change frequency after the digital transition? Maybe it went back to VHF and you have a UHF antenna? Need more details

VHF I'll bet

I had the same prob here in Sioux City...our local affiliate went back to VHF after the switch. My 622 and 612 both showed the channel in a scan, but had nothing on the channel...check, and I'll bet you have a UHF antenna. I picked up a Weingard HD1080 for around $50 to replace my Channel Master 8 bay bowtie and have had no problem since.

pete, I had the same problem and had to do the channel scan four or five times before my 622 finally locked on it and I haven't had a problem since. It started when I came home from work late Wed night and Lost didn't record. I called Dish Thur and they were absolutely no help. I did a hard reset on the 622 which didn't help. I'm not sure exactly how many times I did the channel scan before it worked, ended up with 14 channels.

Thanks for the help. I checked and the station had not changed back to VHF and they had no help so I did what ripnbigc suggested and on the 3rd scan it worked. Thanks again.

By the way chefly, I was born in Sioux Falls and lived in Sioux City for about a year back in the 80's. Couldn't quite adjust to your town. My wife is from Ponca NE so she spent alot of time in South Sioux and Sioux City. Thanks again for the help.

See this thread they went to Ch 10.

Wichita, KS - HDTV - Page 91 - AVS Forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts